1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SS Terminator PF

Discussion in 'Movie Memorabilia' started by CogPaul, Apr 20, 2009.

1. MrFurious

MrFurious Active Member

Ratings:
    +773
    now says at play.com Due for release on 26/06/2009
  2. spikecast

spikecast Member

Ratings:
    +113
    Play are jokers to be honest. Can't believe it will be another 6 + weeks before they get theirs, it's quicker to get one from SS direct!
  3. Skin26

Skin26 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    The guys are right !!!!
    Pics just dont do this statue justice !!
    My mother just brought mine upto my flat today and its breathtaking !!!!
    Niced nose picker aswell !! :D
  4. AP Steve

AP Steve Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I had this on order with Play, and cancelled during a bout of guilt. Overtime came in at work and I went to re-order, only to find out that the price had gone up to £249!
    I then stumbled across it in stock here:

Terminator T-800 Premium Format 1-4 Scale Arnold Schwarzenegger 22" Figure: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

£199 plus £6 delivery. Placed an order on Sunday and he's already sitting on the shelf between Indy and King Leonidas!

Highly recomended seller, better than waiting for Play to sort themselves out!
  5. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Active Member

Ratings:
    +236
    Anyone else received their Terminator PF with some damage? Mine had its head disconnected in the box! :(

There's no actual breakage as such as it's come off clean at the neck joint. It seems like the glue used wasn't enough to hold it onto the body. Not sure what to do about this one really, got it from FP.com using the 20% Off code they had a few months ago, so it was a really good price. But obviously I'd rather have an undamaged, original, non-repaired one if I could.

Another thing is that it arrived about a week ago and what with me being so busy - working away a few days and so on - I only got round to opening it up last night! Not a pleasant surprise.

Has anyone had experience of FP.com's customer service? Do you think they'd offer a replacement or just a refund?

Or the other possibility...has anyone glued polystone before and can recommend the best glue for a strong, permanent bond? I wouldn't mind gluing the head back on myself, as long as I could be sure it wouldn't eventually fall off when I least expect and chip its nose off! Now that really would be a pain.

Any advice guys?
  6. cooey

cooey Active Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Email or call FP is your best bet
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Active Member

Ratings:
    +236
    Just called them and they were very helpful. Wasn't sure if they could offer a replacement as it's not on their web-site anymore - just the 'Exclusive' pre-order version - but they checked and they have one left which they will replace my broken one with.

Just need to package it all back up and await the pick up via Parcel Force on Monday. :)

Fingers crossed the new one will be fine!
  8. spikecast

spikecast Member

Ratings:
    +113
    Glad you got it sorted matey! I've just had my T800 grenade launcher replaced through FP.com and they were excellent, they always go out of their way to help out. Only took 13 days to get to me from the US to them and then onto me. The head coming off has been reported on a few sites as well!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. spikecast

spikecast Member

Ratings:
    +113
    So is anyone still waiting with their orders from play then?
  10. MrFurious

MrFurious Active Member

Ratings:
    +773
    me, i wont cancel it.:thumbsup:
  11. spikecast

spikecast Member

Ratings:
    +113
    Let's hope it's soon mate, might be worth sticking an order in with FP as well for the reg, you will definately get one with them. They've also got it down as a June release.
  12. MrFurious

MrFurious Active Member

Ratings:
    +773
    well ive got it for 179.99 at play so thats the only reason im keeping the order open
  13. steve morris

steve morris Member

Ratings:
    +91
    Thanks for the tip AP Steve. Just ordered from this seller. :smashin:
  14. CogPaul

CogPaul Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Cancelled my play order - and got the SS polystone statue instead.

I will probably try and pick up the PF later.
  15. cooey

cooey Active Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Oooooh I gotta say man, bad move..... keep the PF on order
  16. CogPaul

CogPaul Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a chance to pick up the SS statue and a Hot Toys T-800 Endo at a good price (along with the SS X-Men vs Sentinel 2 and 3 diorama's ) so something had to give this month:devil:
  17. cooey

cooey Active Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Fair enough matey :)

But you MUST get the PF at some point :D:thumbsup:
  18. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Active Member

Ratings:
    +236
    Well I'm not having much luck with my T2 PF at all.

FP.com sent my replacement statue out pretty quickly and I checked it over the weekend...and just like my first one, Arnie's head is off on this one too! :(

This time it was very obvious from just peeling back the protective material it's wrapped in that there was a problem, as the gap between neck & shoulders was about 5mm as it lay there in its polystyrene packing.

Beginning to think I'm cursed with this one as it's the first PF I've had any problems with.

I'll have to phone FP.com tomorrow and see what they say about this.
  19. spikecast

spikecast Member

Ratings:
    +113
    That's pretty unlucky mate :( I feel pretty lucky about mine now after you've had two with that problem, sounds like they haven't glued some of them on very well to the body. Keep us posted on how you get on. :)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Active Member

Ratings:
    +236
    I phoned FP.com today and told them about this and unfortunately - as I feared - they don't have any more stock and are unlikely to get any more at all!

They offered a full refund but I'm not sure what to do. I'm aware that this has sold out almost everywhere and I've just had a look on eBay and none are listed there either. Play have it listed as a pre-order for 6th June but have shifted their price up to £250!...thieving buggers! That's almost £100 more than I paid for mine from FP!

So I now have the option of keeping it and trying to repair it myself or getting a refund and hoping one turns up for a reasonable price somewhere (unlikely I would think at this stage). :(

I said I'd phone FP.com back tomorrow and let them know what I've decided, but I'm really unsure at the moment.

Anyone know where I can get this PF for less than £200? Or, as I asked in an earlier post, what would be the best, most permanent glue to use for a repair such as this.
  21. Skin26

Skin26 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Just my opinion . . .
    But id defo defo return it,wants the point of getting this and then repairing it straight away.
    One will turn up,ive seen plenty about :smashin:
  22. steve morris

steve morris Member

Ratings:
    +91
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  23. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Active Member

Ratings:
    +236
    Has anyone had to request a refund from FP.com and if so, how long did it take for the cash to land back into your Bank Account?

My (2nd) broken T2 Sideshow statue was received by them two weeks ago yesterday (2/06/09) and I rang them last Thurs to ask about my refund. I was told they had a few problems with their system but my money should be refunded by Fri (12/06/09).

So I waited and nothing showed in my account. Gave them over the weekend and until yesterday, but still nothing.

Just wondered if any of you guys have had problems with refunds at all?

I'll try to ring them today, but I'm out & about and very busy.

Doesn't seem good though, two weeks and no refund yet on a faulty product!
  24. MrFurious

MrFurious Active Member

Ratings:
    +773
    anyone recieved any from play.com, i have mine on order there, i check the site and it shows both versions but only the exclusive has a release date under it now?

due this friday but im not too sure i'll get it now