Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squeezebox Duet: Adding a second receiver?

Discussion in 'Streamers & Network Music Players' started by springtide, Mar 16, 2011.

1. springtide

springtide Active Member

Ratings:
    +441
    OK, I give up and need help!

It took me a while to figure out how to set-up my first receiver.... basically doing a reset on the duet controller and running through the setup progress as per documentation.

But, I have now bought a second receiver... I assume that you can use more than one receiver (or have I missed the point)... if so, how on earth do you setup the second receiver? Obviously if I reset the duet controller... it will loose the info on the previous one (and in addition, I really don't want to enter the wireless key in again on the duet!)

Looking at the documentation... nothing jumps out....
    http://www.logitech.com/images/support/14900.1.0.pdf

Anyone? Heeeelllllpppp!!! :)
  2. Crocodile

Crocodile Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,753
    I no longer own a Controller so you may have to hunt around to find the Add Receiver menu item.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  3. springtide

springtide Active Member

Ratings:
    +441
    @Crocodile : Thanks, but this only appeared to work after I did a factory reset of the controller (which was the only time the controller appeared to 'search' for a receiver. I obviously don't want to do this (as the other one is working)...

I can get the receiver lights flashing various colours as per documentation, but where within the menus of the Duet Controller do you search for receiver?

I have looked extensively within the menus, but so far 'nothing'. I'm sure I'm just being dim... is it under the 'Settings' menu? 'Advanced'?

edit... I see your update... I have hunted for the obvious 'add receiver' - but can't find anything (and obviously there is nothing in the docs).
  4. Crocodile

Crocodile Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,753
    One of the problems with Squeezebox is changes are made via firmware updates but these aren't always (ever?) covered in the documentation. It seems as though the new device should appear under Choose Player but may take a while to appear unles the Controller is power cycled.

Have a look at this thread.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. springtide

springtide Active Member

Ratings:
    +441
    You are a star! :clap:

From the linked thread: Setup/configure 2nd Receiver - Squeezebox : Community : Forums

Bingo! I can now give up on this app now: https://projects.robinbowes.com/Net-UDAP/trac :)