Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splitting from wifi bridge

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by moghm, Feb 1, 2012.

1. moghm

moghm Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,

I have just bought a panasonic plasma that has an ethernet port at the back. I dont want to run a cable to it so am thinking of buying a wifi bridge. A friend of mine has got one of these and he says it works flawlessly. However, just below my plasma is a sky hd box, also hungry for an internet conection. Am I able to split the signal from the wifi bridge into 2 or 3 signals ? They are selling ethernet splitters on ebay an am wondering if this will do the job ? so Basically splitt the signal from wifi bridge to 2 devices ?

many thanks,
  2. Kristian

Kristian Active Member

Ratings:
    +376
    Some wireless bridges have more than one Ethernet (RJ45) socket which will do as you ask. Another option would be a pair of PowerLine Networking units (e.g. Homeplugs), some of which also have more than one Ethernet port.

A third option, and the best from a connectivity pov would be some Cat5E cable.
  3. beerhunter

beerhunter Active Member

Ratings:
    +759
  4. Andy98765

Andy98765 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,491
    I agree dump wireless when ever you can. Homeplugs is a far more reliable and often far faster connection. As already stated plug a switch into the remote homeplug and you have many connections.