1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splinter Cell HD Trilogy

Discussion in 'PS3 First & Third Person Shooters' started by Stephen Carter, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Stephen Carter

Stephen Carter AVF Games Reviewer

Ratings:
    +399
    This could go in a couple of different categories but I thought I'd slam it down in here so if its wrong then fair play :)

Anyhow, i picked this up the other day and thought I'd get the ball rolling in terms of discussion etc etc. I believe this has been out on PSN for a bit longer than retail but it doesn't mean we can't have a good old natter about it.

Couple of things I have found so far (might be reviewing this too):

Cutscenes look shocking! I know they're old but they look like poor YouTube clips.

Aiming is dire. Aimed right at a guy for it to miss his melon and turned round to pop me in the face.

Poor detection by the cameras, this was very evident in the tutorial. Detection by enemies is too easy too in some instances.

Controls are a bit niggly, especially when you're trying to navigate.

Anybody else find this too??? Might do a couple of YouTube clips from my hauppauge to show what I mean better but I hope these aren't too over powering to spoil the overall experience :/
  2. Twon

Twon Member

Ratings:
    +70
    I got just the last game....its not as 'HD' as I thought it would be.

But for seven quid for a psn game I know I'll still play, I'm not complaining..
  3. Stephen Carter

Ratings:
    +399
    Yeah £25 wasn't bad from Tesco tbh, probably be cheaper online but the other half bought it for me so it's all good ;)
  4. Xorro

Xorro Member

Ratings:
    +5
    There's been a lot of talk on Playfire about a few of the trophies glitching on this game, and that the quick saves cause the game to crash.
  5. Stephen Carter

Ratings:
    +399
    No issues yet personally with regards to trophies or saves etc. What glitches have there been so far?
  6. Stephen Carter

Ratings:
    +399
    Aiming just seems to get worse!
  7. Stephen Carter

Ratings:
    +399
    The autosaving seems to be very sporadic too, too much trial and error and reloading sections me thinks.
  8. trent steel

trent steel Active Member

Ratings:
    +339
    Bought it this saturday, wish I had not bothered:thumbsdow aiming? what aiming unresponsive controls. Some things should remain in the past
  9. Stephen Carter

Ratings:
    +399
    I would not have minded at all if they had been decent enough but theyve just ported them over straight over from PC and expected them to work. Shocking attempt at best. Had really high hopes for this too.
  10. jimmyboy1975

jimmyboy1975 Member

Ratings:
    +170
  11. Foster

Foster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,083
    Games such as splinter cell shouldn't be remastered they are awesome as they are I got them all on steam for £5!!!!
  12. tyrone burton

tyrone burton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105
    Hi guys. When a game was on PC and then later released for a HD Trilogy, which one is graphically better? Is it the trilogy?