Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speedtouch 585 - BeBox

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by Iccz, May 17, 2008.

1. Iccz

Iccz Active Member

Ratings:
    +6,759
    Sorry if there has been thread about this before but I can't seem to find anything...

I've tried connecting wirelessly and via cable and i'm not having any luck, even manually assigning IP address i'm having issues.

Basically I've got 3 laptops and 1 PC that run off this connection fine, but the PS3 is refusing to get an IP address when trying to get one?

I've tried manually assigning an IP and i'm unable to ping it...

Any suggestions please guys!
  2. Iccz

Iccz Active Member

Ratings:
    +6,759
    Scrap that I think we must have had a powercut recently, the switch I have upstairs running the ps3 off via network cable wasn't playing ball til I restarted it.

Though i've got problems with wireless, and have just double checked the key and all appears fine, signal is 62% strength but it refuses to get an IP : [
  3. Magus

Magus Active Member

Ratings:
    +421
    With my Speedtouch 585, I can only get my PSP and PS3 to work wireless when WEP encrypted. Any other encryption type doesn't work.
  4. shagaboopon

shagaboopon Active Member

Ratings:
    +308
    I use WPA fine with my PS3 on mine, I'd suggest selecting WPA1 rather than 2 perhaps first.
  5. Magus

Magus Active Member

Ratings:
    +421
    Do you have a BeBox?? I find this problem only with the BeBox (ie Be Broadband and their Speedtouch wireless router loaded with the Be template)
  6. C225

C225 Active Member

Ratings:
    +694
    My o2(who own Be) wireless box which is a speedtouch 585 works fine with any type of encryption.

I dont know if there is a difference but i assume being the same company they will be very similar.