Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speakercraft BassX 12 problem

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by nsmth, Nov 4, 2009.

1. nsmth

nsmth New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

One of friend had Speakercraft BassX 12 at his home and it was working very well.

I bought the sub from him as he was relocating and when I hooked it on to my system, it did not work at all. I checked the plug and the fuse at the back of the sub. Plug was fine but the fuse was blackened. It said 250V 2AMP fuse. I replaced it and the moment I tried to power up the sub, the fuse again blew. Tried it again with a new fuse and it blew again.

Can anyone please help me in understanding what went wrong and how to get it rectified.

Cheers
  2. tin69

tin69 Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Try this e-mail: shop.admin@onidserv.com

P/S: Remember Speakercraft don't seem to allow transfer of warranty. So you might be better of if the original purchaser makes the claim.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  3. sanejo

sanejo Member

Ratings:
    +35
    I have one of these, I've just checked my plug fuse and it's a 3 amp, could it be that simple? I think it's probably worth rewiring the plug and trying the slightly larger fuse.

Good luck.
  4. nsmth

nsmth New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Sanejo,

Thanks for the advice. I have already changed the plug but that did not work.

There is another fuse on the sub at its back. I had a 2AMP fuse in that which I replaced and replaced again but of no use. Can you please check what kind of fuse you have at the back of the sub.

Cheers
  5. sanejo

sanejo Member

Ratings:
    +35
    Hmm, you're right, 250v/2amp fuse on the base plate. I'm afraid this is beyond my limited knowledge. Do you know anyone with a multimeter?