1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soundstyle AV rack leg extensions ??

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by *ChrisB*, Apr 27, 2005.

1. *ChrisB*

*ChrisB* Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I'm just about to (tommorow :thumbsup: ) update my AV amp but the new amp is too large for my 5 tier Soundstyle rack :(

I still like my current stand so I don't want to change it, does anyone know a way of extending or spacing the lower tier legs to make room for the new larger amp ?

Chris
  2. inzaman

inzaman Moderator

Ratings:
    +729
    What Soundstyle rack is it as i though that they were all fixed shelf designs as opposed to modular.
  3. *ChrisB*

*ChrisB* Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I dont know the model name ? I bought it in '99

Here's a piccy (sorry about the quality)

Chris

Attached Files:

4. inzaman

inzaman Moderator

Ratings:
    +729
    Is it a modular unit, i.e can you take the different and actual shelf units or blocks of shelves apart.
  5. *ChrisB*

*ChrisB* Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Yes, the top legs have an allen key in the top of each one (under a cover) & the lower legs have a threaded bolt in the bottom.

So it's possible to remove or add a tier.

Chris
  6. inzaman

inzaman Moderator

Ratings:
    +729
    If the legs are the same or similar diameter to Apollo stands then you could use some of their adjustment blocks. I do have a Soundstyle stand (which cannot be adjusted) in the dining room, but for my hc i have just purchased an Apollo stand due to this level of flexibility.
  7. *ChrisB*

*ChrisB* Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for the advice, I'll investigate & report back incase the query comes up again :)
  8. *ChrisB*

*ChrisB* Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Sadly not, so I've just bought an Alphason AD5/47 to match my current Soundstyle :)

Got a great price from Video Services in Watford (got their details from ebay) & picked it up to save on delivery costs :)

Attached Files:

9. inzaman

inzaman Moderator

Ratings:
    +729
    Its a shame they didnt fit, i too have brought an Apollo rack as it is just so flexible, i currently have three shelves but you can extend this but you can also extend the height between each shelf.