Sony XH9505 LED LCD TV Owners Thread

Anyone got any soundbar recommendations they've found that work well for this TV under £400/500?

Just ordered this TV to arrive next week ready for my new place, but never had a soundbar before.
I have the Samsung HW-Q900T and works a treat but it's currently around £650+.
You could go for the Q800T 3.1.2 which is around £420, and in future add surrounds if you want and make it a 5.1.2 set up. It has eARC, Atmos and DTS X etc. See review here Samsung HW-Q800T Soundbar Review

I have the Samsung HW-Q900T and works a treat but it's currently around £650+.
You could go for the Q800T 3.1.2 which is around £420, and in future add surrounds if you want and make it a 5.1.2 set up. It has eARC, Atmos and DTS X etc. See review here Samsung HW-Q800T Soundbar Review

I could break the £500 limit for something worth it. Just didn't want to spend anything close to the cost of the tele on it haha. How do you find the HW-Q900T?

I could break the £500 limit for something worth it. Just didn't want to spend anything close to the cost of the tele on it haha. How do you find the HW-Q900T?
The Q900T is very good, have had no issues with the 65XH9505. I was lucky enough to get it for £399 on the Currys offer. A very good all rounder, music sounds great also. The Samsung smartthings app allows additional options such as equaliser controls. The atmos and DTS effects are good, sub is excellent. More of a balanced sound from the Samsung soundbars, better than the equivalent LG in my opinion.

The Q900T is very good, have had no issues with the 65XH9505. I was lucky enough to get it for £399 on the Currys offer. A very good all rounder, music sounds great also. The Samsung smartthings app allows additional options such as equaliser controls. The atmos and DTS effects are good, sub is excellent. More of a balanced sound from the Samsung soundbars, better than the equivalent LG in my opinion.
Awesome thanks! I'm also tempted by the Sonos Beam tbf. Seems to have great reviews for the price.

Does the USB not switch off when the TV is switched off?
They seem to provide power while the TV is off.

Don't have the Tele yet. But if it's like most modern tech, the usbs will stay on unless the set is turned of at the wall. Computers do the same so they can be used to charge etc.

Bugger. That's a shame. I have led lights plugged into the USB that remain on.

I'm not sure about this Sony but my last 3 LG oleds all turn on and off with the tv.

Bugger. That's a shame. I have led lights plugged into the USB that remain on.
Either put a small inline switch into the circuit (that’s what I have done) or use a switched mains to USB plug/socket or a smart plug with, say, Alexa.

so that unattended, TV off, timer recordings still occur.

It's a shame it doesn't just do that if there's a hard disk attached. I've always relied on the USB ports to power my bias lighting and so the Sony always-on behaviour has proven to be a problem for me.

I've tried IR controlled and power-monitoring mains sockets but they each have their failings - the IR sockets sometimes miss the signal and so get out of sync and the power-monitoring ones try to work out when the the TV is in standby by detecting substantial power drops and so with the variable backlight it sometimes gets very confused as it thinks the TV is off in very dark scenes! It annoys the wife something chronic.. :)

Joined the club, found a, 75" at RS, I believe the last one they had. 1698 with next day delivery. Looking forward to setting this up. I'll look over some users settings.
I'll be keeping my 65ex9305 for another room.

Joined the club, found a, 75" at RS, I believe the last one they had. 1698 with next day delivery. Looking forward to setting this up. I'll look over some users settings.
I'll be keeping my 65ex9305 for another room.

Welcome to the 75" club :)

Mines been sitting in the box in the hallway since Thursday morning but all being well the father in law should be here in a few hours to help me get wall mounted.

Mines been sitting in the box in the hallway since Thursday morning but all being well the father in law should be here in a few hours to help me get wall mounted.

You should have put a shout out on the forum to see if one of us was close to you. Fancy having that in a box staring at you all that time! :eek::laugh:

You should have put a shout out on the forum to see if one of us was close to you. Fancy having that in a box staring at you all that time! :eek::laugh:

I was getting very tempted! Haha

Well my broadband is being set up tomorrow and sky on on the 5th. So fingers crossed, I can at leady get some streaming and Xbox to it this week, if I've time anyway ha.
Yeah definitely two man job with these beasts!! Hard enough with my 65ex9305

Yeah definitely two man job with these beasts!! Hard enough with my 65ex9305

Our install is made more difficult by the fact our lounge is on the middle floor so we've got to navigate the TV up some stairs and round some corners. I'm not looking forward to that but hopefully once it's in place it will stay there a few years!

Got the plasterer booked for the weekend to chase the cables (dot'n'dab wall) and make good ready for paint so hopefully this time next week that room will be finished.

Our install is made more difficult by the fact our lounge is on the middle floor so we've got to navigate the TV up some stairs and round some corners. I'm not looking forward to that but hopefully once it's in place it will stay there a few years!

Got the plasterer booked for the weekend to chase the cables (dot'n'dab wall) and make good ready for paint so hopefully this time next week that room will be finished.

My living room is exactly the same 😂. I have a large floor to TV stand, all the cables go inside that, it sits behind a ikea Vista unit perfect and the centre speaker overs the stand post.

Potentially daft (or not that important) question for existing owners.

When doing my research on YouTube I thought I recalled one of the "criticisms" (used loosely) being that the remote was "plasticky" and not backlit. However, I've just started unboxing mine and the remote appears to have a metal finish and is backlit.

Admittedly I did watch days and days worth of unboxing and review videos for countless TVs so I may be thinking of another model.

Has it always come with the metal/backlit remote or did Sony change this at some point?

When doing my research on YouTube I thought I recalled one of the "criticisms" (used loosely) being that the remote was "plasticky" and not backlit. However, I've just started unboxing mine and the remote appears to have a metal finish and is backlit.

Admittedly I did watch days and days worth of unboxing and review videos for countless TVs so I may be thinking of another model.

Has it always come with the metal/backlit remote or did Sony change this at some point?

Mines backlit but plastic

All the sets - apart from the 49" - come with the nicer metal, backlit remote.

Ah now you say that I think some of the reviews I saw of this model were the 49" model which explains it! Thanks.

55" and over have the premium remote, seems a small thing but I love mine compared the the previous years cheap efforts.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom