Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony RDR-HXD560 Recording Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Recorders' started by russells5, Mar 30, 2009.

1. russells5

russells5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have had the Sony RDR-HXD560 (80GB HDD/DVD recorder)for a few years now and everything has been fine. However during the last few 2-3 months been getting the following problem with recording.
    If I go into the EPG and set it to record (either a future programme or the one currently being watched), it flashes up with the red record icon saying its set to record but then after about 2 seconds the recording flag disappears and it doesn't record.
    Only way I have found around it is to remove and reinsert power cable to effectively reset/reboot. It then works fine for a few days , but then starts failing again.
    Checked software versions on the machine and they show
    Software Version - v.1.01.10 CE
    Loader version - v.1.00.00
    I'm surprised that the software versions seem low - would have thought there would have been update releases to the software given its age...
    No sign of anything on Sony website, or unable to find similar reported problems on various forum websites.
    Any suggestions ??
  2. Gavtech

Gavtech Administrator

Ratings:
    +4,242
    Welcome to the forum.

This is the first problem of this nature I've heard about.

All I can suggest is trying a much longer power down of at least 20 minutes , maybe even overnight to clear out any corruption which may be lurking in buffers.

Also, have you noted if the problem applies to specific channels - or is it all channels?

You could consider a rescan for channels.
    There are continual changes going on in Freeview broadcasting and this may be causing some problems.