Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony RDR-HXD560 multi region hack

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by sparkle6666, Mar 10, 2007.

1. sparkle6666

sparkle6666 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone found the hack for this pvr/dvd player? The method using an OFA for 'Sony RDR-GXD500 digital-tuner DVD-recorder' does not work. Code 0533 (or for that matter 0573) does not even work to power off the unit to standby.
  2. witch104

witch104 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    hi i have a SONY RDR-HX525 and have put both numbers into my kameleon 6 URC-8060 I have been unable to get control of my dvd could anyone out there help please:confused:
  3. firyembers

firyembers Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I set my HX525 to command mode DVD1 and using my Laptop with a IRDA port,and the hack from
    http://www.selen.org/sonydvd.html
    worked a treat,i was unable to play region 1 beforehand and now it does ok.

It responded with the message timer ok and i had to remove power for a minute before the hack was reconised,power off did not do it.
  4. Funkyfreddy

Funkyfreddy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there - first post here :hiya:

Just wondered if anybody might have an update on a hack/unlock for the HX560 ?

I notice that the link in the previous post mentions that some users had success with a list of Sony recorders that included the HX860 so would it work with the 560 too ???

Manyt hanks for any feedback.

Cheers
    FF
  5. Simon_Armiger

Simon_Armiger Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey witch104 - not sure if you got your RDR-HX525 to work multi-region yet, but I just (finally!) got mine to work. I bought a URC-7562 for under £5 from E-Bay (sparky_sales) including delivery. I found I had to use device setup code 0573, and set the DVD recorder to command code DVD-1. I also had to add two zeros infront of each of the command codes else I didn't get the DVD key blinking twice.

Here's what I did:

Assign code 0573 to the DVD button on the controller. Switch the DVD player on using the Sony remote controller, then try powering it off using the
    one for all remote controller - if it works you know you've got the right device code.

1)Put the DVD recorder in standby mode.

2)Press the DVD Key on the One for all remote

3)Press and hold the Magic Key until you see two blinks then type 994 you
    should see two more blinks

4)Press the Magic key

5)Then type 00189 and 1 on the remote (to assign function 00189 to the "1" Key) you should see two blinks

6)repeat steps 2, 3 and 4

7)Then type 00255 and 2 on the remote (to assign function 00255 to the "2" Key)you see two blinks

8)repeat steps 2, 3 and 4

9)Then type 00095 and 3 on the remote (to assign function 00095 to the "3" Key)you see two blinks

10)repeat steps 2, 3 and 4

11)Then type 00221 and 4 on the remote (to assign function 00221 to the "4" Key)you see two blinks

12)repeat steps 2, 3 and 4

13)Then type 00079 and 5 on the remote (to assign function 00079 to the "5" Key) you see two blinks

Next with the recorder in standby mode use the One for all remote Type keys 1 2 3 4 5 in sequence, the recorder powers up and displays the Welcome message. (It might also display Timer OK very briefly but I didn't see it.) Once it has fully powered up - and with this recorder that takes a while - type 1 2 3 4 5 again. This time it definitely displays TIMER OK, then it goes into standby. Unplug it for a minute, then plug it back in, power up and try your Region 1 DVD :eek:)

Good luck!