Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony NWZ A845 does not display album art

Discussion in 'Headphones & Portable Music' started by celeritas, Sep 15, 2010.

1. celeritas

celeritas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A couple of days ago, I received my Sony NWZ A845 media player and I'm generally very impressed but I have one problem which I hope you can help with.

Most of my mp3s were ripped from cd's several years ago before I hooked up to the internet so I manually named them in iTunes and added downloaded art (from work and the local library - yes, it took days).

I never had a problem viewing album art on my iPods but only purchased mp3's display album art on the Sony. I have run my music folder through Mp3tag as I thought this would "attach" cover art to each mp3 instead of pulling it from a cover art folder as iTunes seems to. (is that how it works? I'm only guessing...) Unfortunately, this hasn't worked. Every song apparently has album art attached when I scroll through the tracks in Mp3tag but the Sony doesn't display it.

Can anyone help? It's driving me nuts because identlfying tracks in Scene Scroll is impossible - just a stream of grey Walkman logos. Plus I'm a bit obsessive about album art anyway.

Incidentally, having read http://www.avforums.com/forums/portable-music-mp3-ipod-etc/1196882-sony-nwz-a845-low-volume.html, I was concerned that the A845 would be too quiet but it's not an issue - not for me, anyway. At 3/4 -> max volume, I find the player is plenty loud enough.

Hope someone can shed some light on the album art thing,

Thanks
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  2. anlygi

anlygi Member

Ratings:
    +25
    I had this strange error too for only some of my music. I then realised some of the album art was in .png file format. Whilst this the visible in MP3Tag, it wasn't visible on the A845. Seems the A845 only likes jpeg.

Another thing was, I added album art to some tracks that already had it, meaning there were two attached to the track, and this also displayed nothing on the A845. I had to wipe both with MP3Tag, save it then add the one a wanted again.

Also, I noticed tracks that didn't have an album name in the ID3 tag don't show up in the vertical view of album art you scroll through, you know when you press up or down whilst a track is playing.

Hope this helps.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. celeritas

celeritas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply :) I actually just figured out the file format thing, which is why I'm back.

After I posted last night, I re-added the songs using WMP11 and more displayed art than before but most still did not. I noticed that those tagged with ID3 v2.4 did not show art so I converted all tags to v2.3 (though that might have been incidental - maybe the "2.4" tracks had .png format art).

Even more showed art. Then I noticed that those songs with .png format album art still didn't display so the reason I've returned is to find out if there's a quick way to convert all the .png art to .jpeg. If not, It's going to take forever to save each individual .png as a .jpeg using "Paint".

Is there free software which will batch convert all album art to .jpg? (It'd be so very awesome if Mp3tag could do this but I couldn't find a way).
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010