Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KD32DX200U Digital Channel Scan Problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by pugfire, Aug 7, 2008.

1. pugfire

pugfire Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Folks,

I have an excellent Sony KD32DX200U - very good picture - on re-scanning the digital for the new channel names - using the Digital Autotune mode- the progress bar freezes and does not complete the scan.

On removing the aerial the scan completes reporting no aerial signal.

With the aerial connected the reported signal strength is reported as a red bar - no signal from aerial. The analogue side is Ok an the connections to the RF in / Digital loop through have not been changed.

Any ideas of the possible problem - I expect a faulty digital decoder- dry joints ? I have the equipment to re-sweat wipe them if necessary

Is this a known problem for this chassis

Software version 2.5 Loader version 2.0

The aerial also feeds a Humax box later in the chain - it has all MPX's present and reports good RF & digital quality.

Regards
  2. Mooly

Mooly Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Hi,
    Same thing happened to me. It's caused by the changes to Freeview (Split NIT) You need to contact Sony. An over air download will ( supposed ) to fix this but as you have lost all channels this won't work. Sony should have called on Friday, but I got a call saying software wasn't available. Sony UK said it was !! Am waiting to hear today.
    What annoys me is that there appear to be a lot of products affected, far more than the 1% claimed. I have had 3 fail due to this, and believe me I will make as much noise as possible over this.
    I'll not rant too much about Sony as they have been extremely helpful in trying to sort this, and they even answer the phone immediately. At least they ackknowledge the problem unlike some others. Full marks to Sony.
  3. skippyonspeed

skippyonspeed Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Same problem with my KD32DX100U:(
  4. skippyonspeed

skippyonspeed Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  5. Mooly

Mooly Member

Ratings: