Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony HX510: Pausing 'Live TV' function: How does this work?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Recorders' started by Paul Cooksley, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley Member

Ratings:
    +136
    Hi there

Been using a Sony HX510 with the 80gb hard drive for a while - great little machine.

Until recently, I forgot all about the "pause live tv" function. My question is really this....

How does this function work? I mean, obviously when you pause the tv broadcast, does it carry on temporarily recording on the hard drive? I guess it must? If so, does anyone know what record mode it does this in? (HQ? - the picture looks the same as the broadcast when you resume play)...

Is there anyway you can dub the paused material to the HDD? I found out you can go backwards through the footage from the moment you paused it up until the end or when the programme catches up with real time) - but just wondered - if you spotted something you then wanted to keep when you resume play if you could dub off the material.. I guess not???

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Paul
  2. JayCee

JayCee Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,571
    It does it in whatever global record mode you have set the machine to.

No, you cannot record it...page 57 of the user manual tells you that...do you ever read your manual Paul? ;)
  3. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley Member

Ratings:
    +136
    No, you cannot record it...page 57 of the user manual tells you that...do you ever read your manual Paul? ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I do read manuals!

Page 57 does indeed state that pausing live tv broadcasts are not saved to the HDD, but I was simply asking if there was anyway that you *could* do it, that's all....

Obviously not.