1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Homeshare / Party Streaming

Discussion in 'Streamers & Network Music Players' started by gmp, Nov 6, 2012.

1. gmp

gmp Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Hi guys.

I'm looking at going multi room with wireless audio and wondering if anyone has experience of the above?

I'm set up with a NAS on network and have an old Sony SMPn100 media player which is gathering dust in a drawer since I bought a wdtv live. The SMPn100 does have the party streaming function (synching multiple playback devices) and despite its problems with various video formats, I was always happy using it with the Android Tablet Network Audio App. I'm considering getting a couple of Sony sa NS410's to go multi-room synched or allow different music to be played around the house. I can connect SMPn100 to main amp in lounge and then with a couple of Sony sa NS410's, I'll have 3 zones for about £350.

What I can't really find is any online experience of whether this kit really works well together? Anyone any thoughts/experience.
  2. gmp

gmp Member

Ratings:
    +50
    After another night of trawling various forums/reviews, I may have made my mind up as there seems to be 1 or 2 users with positive experiences but lots more with problems that have led to returns. Guess I may have to dig deeper in to pockets and go Sonos.
  3. gmp

gmp Member

Ratings:
    +50
    As an update I finished up going 2 zone multi room for free. Rarely use our Blu Ray player these days and having realized it was a Sony 390 found out it did Homeshare/Party streaming! Connected it to network (never bothered before as WDTV live used in lounge). for first time and then set up old SMP100 in kitchen connected to an old PC amp and speakers.

Very marginal delay on output in kitchen when Party Streaming/Synching invoked via the Network Audio Android App (which is functional but nothing fancy), but put this down to BR Player using Digital Outputs and SMP100 using Analogue.

Bought a nice little Onkyo Receiver for kitchen at weekend and connected SMP100 via Optical out and synching seemed fine whenever I tried it out yesterday, staying in synch after numerous tracks/pauses/re-starts.