1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony ericsson xperia neo

Discussion in 'Sony Mobile Phones' started by paulm34, Sep 28, 2011.

1. paulm34

paulm34 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I have been looking out for a new phone for my wife for a while. We Dont want to spend too much as she is a light user on payandgo with o2 with a k800i.
    I have a iphone 4 on sim only. And wanted to get her a phone which is more upto date.
    I have just noticed the sony ericsson xperia neo on tmobile for free with 300 mins 300 text and a free bolt on for £15.32pm
    Just wanted to know if the phone is really any good. have done loads of googling eg gsmarena.com to read reviews which look good. As she will use it for the internet aswell and video and pics. The specs seem really good, any advise would be great. We also looked at the HTC salsa and wildfire S but they dont have very good specs for the price.
  2. z5461313

z5461313 Member

Ratings:
    +57
    The screen is a bit small for browsing the web but its a nice phone. See it in person though if you can to make your own mind up

I was going to go for the neo or ray but then decided what the heck and got the larger arc which is truly brilliant and has a larger screen that makes browsing the web good, plus its not so big once youve got used to it
  3. paulm34

paulm34 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Thanks for reply I think she wouldn't like anything bigger than the iPhone screen. So the 3.7 inch is big enough for her. She is going to have a look at one tomorrow. It's a shame as I'm at work as I'm the gadget geek in the family : (
  4. paulm34

paulm34 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Forgot to ask being a iPhone owner what is the benefit of rooting the Neo if she gets one. Is it like a jailbroken iPhone which allows you to put apps on with paying for them?
  5. Mikeybloo

Mikeybloo Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I've just gone on a similar deal with t-mobile - the Neo is fantastic, it is plenty big enough for browsing ( I found the Arc just a little too big for my pocket and I'm a big bloke). I researched all the usual HTC/Samsung suspects, but what swung it for me is that a mate had a Neo and his call reception (even in zero bar signal areas) was always excellent. I too have found calls to be perfectly clear even on low bar signal. I realise I may be in a minority that actually places quality of phone calls high on my wish list but if your wife makes lots of calls, she can't go wrong with this. Also, the camera is excellent, pics look great and you get a front facing camera as well, which is great for Skype. For browsing, download Dolphin Mini browser for really quick interenet access.Totally recommended phone IMHO!
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  6. paulm34

paulm34 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Thanks for that she got one today they have now sold out at my local store 6 in 1 and a half days. So far I'm impressed takes abit to get to used to for me as I have the iPhone but it's not for me and she is happy. And now she has angry birds : ) which plays very smooth