1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony customer services email address

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying, Setup & General Help' started by TigerK79, Jul 22, 2009.

1. TigerK79

TigerK79 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I need to make a complaint with Sony and talking to them on the phone is useless. They gave me an email address ssscustomer.services@eu.sony.com but it doesnt work. I have searched all over the internet for a contact address and I just can't find one.
    Does anyone have any useful email addresses? preferably one for upper management that I can cc.
    Thanks very much :)
  2. AndyCob

AndyCob Active Member

Ratings:
    +254
    Don't know an email but believe it or not using the submit message on the contact us form on the sony uk website will actually get a response after a few days if not necessarily a helpful one. I know I tried it. Failing that just send a written letter addressed for the attention of the managing director to the company hq. The MD obviously wont deal with it but it will get opened and read and passed on to someone. Though I guess it depends somewhat what your complaint is. If it is something that might actually involve legal action down the road sending the letter addressed to the MD is pretty much the recommended procedure.
  3. TigerK79

TigerK79 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah its a complaint stating I will be beginning legal action if my problem is not fixed. I tried using the submit form but I never get any replies.
    I will send a letter out today.
    Thanks
  4. AndyCob

AndyCob Active Member

Ratings:
    +254
    Ah well I actually did this not to long ago over a faulty sony tv so I looked into the which and government advice on what you should do. Without more info I can't be sure but if this is a faulty product be advised your legal recourse is usually with the retailer/seller rather than the manufacturer.

If you want to post some more info, i.e. nature of problem, goods involved etc I might be able to give some useful advice.

These links may help (I still have the bookmarks)
    Consumer rights : Directgov - Government, citizens and rights
    How to complain about faulty goods - Dealing with faulty goods - Your rights - Which? Advice
    Sale of Goods Act Fact Sheet - BIS
    Sample letters - Dealing with faulty goods - Your rights - Which? Advice
    Sample letters - Understanding the Sale of Goods Act - Your rights - Which? Advice
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. TigerK79

TigerK79 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well the problem is with the repair company they sent out as they said they were coming back to fit a new mainboard and possibly a new pane on my TVl, said he will get back to me as to when they will do it. Told me to ring after a few days if I haven't heard anything. 6 weeks now and lots of messages left for the engineer to call me back so I am trying to complain about Sony now. My TV was under guarantee when the Engineer came out, it is not now, not that that should matter.
    Their website is terrible I can't even find a postal address for the UK HQ.
  6. mrtbag

mrtbag Member

Ratings:
    +404
    Tiger.

I've sent you a PM.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. sila1999

sila1999 Member

Ratings:
    +115
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. TigerK79

TigerK79 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Sila, just the info I needed. Hopefully this will get me some info on what is happening.
    Thanks alot :smashin:
    I even got an out of office reply from Steve Dowdle
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  9. AndyCob

AndyCob Active Member

Ratings:
    +254
    Repair company who sent out? was the engineer sent by your retailer, guarantour, warranty/insurance company?

I ask because it is probably one of these rather than Sony as the manufacturer you should be dealing with. Or in other words your letters should be going to the MD of the company and manager of the store where you bought the set, and or possibly the repair company and whoever was responsible for administering the warranty. Certainly in my case while I did contact Sony about the issue (it was an issue that actually resulted in a law suit against Sony in the USA), the people I had to deal with were the store and the company that owns it rather than sony.
  10. TigerK79

TigerK79 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The repair company work on behalf of/for Sony. The engineer had a sony shirt on.
    I complained to the store (Currys) and they said its Sony I should be dealing with.
    I had a similar sort of problem with Microsoft a few years ago, the companies just keep passing it onto someone else. In the end I just emailed management at Microsoft and it was sorted a couple of days later.
    I'll just wait and see what happens for now. Hopefully Sony will now action something so I won't have to make a law suit against which ever company's problem it is.
    Ta
  11. AndyCob

AndyCob Active Member

Ratings:
    +254
    Stores often seem to try this, pointing to the manufacturer I mean but they are almost certainly wrong, check those links I posted, the legal contract, and sales of goods act etc apply to the seller not manufacturer despite what the store may have said. If the item was purchased from Currys and the warranty (extended? or 12 month manufacturers?) it is almost certainly them you should be complaining to. I'm also fairly certain that while Sony maintain what they call authorised service agents these are not direct Sony employees or Sony owned so again it would still be currys.