Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Bravia internet connection problems

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by citylightsabove, Oct 12, 2011.

1. citylightsabove

citylightsabove Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A lot of people seem to have connection problems with the Bravia internet TVs. Having dealt continually with connectivity problems for about six months, I finally looked at the internet settings more closely and figured out the obvious problem. For whatever reason, the auto configuration on the Bravia doesn't work properly because frequently the Bravia loses the correct address for the domain name server (DNS). When this happens, the TV is connected to the local network but has no internet connectivity. The DNS address is showing up as the same address for the gateway, which isn't correct. This happens intermittently.

To resolve the issue, reserve an IP address on your router high enough that it won't conflict with other devices (i.e. 192.0.1.95) then go back to the TV and do a manual network configuration. Manually enter in the reserved IP address and then enter the correct primary and secondary DNS servers to match whatever your internet provider uses for a DNS address. I've had no problems since doing this manual configuration.