1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Bravia HX923 TV Thread - Part 5

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Curly99, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Razor

Razor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8,749
    My cash back came yesterday. :clap:
  2. jasjw

jasjw New Member

Ratings:
    +265
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  3. Har-One

Har-One Member

Ratings:
    +235
    Are they rechargeable and compatible with previous TV's? They do look nice, hopefully the price tag would not be unreasonable.
  4. daniel0917

daniel0917 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    To all potential buyers:

I can get this TV 5-10% cheaper than the cheapest price you can find online or in store. Message me directly in you're interested.
  5. Razor

Razor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8,749
    Yes and yes. :)

Price is meant to be £100 from Sony, so expect online prices to be slighty less.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Geoff_D

Geoff_D Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +904
    £100 was how much the original TDGBR100 glasses went for, I'd gladly pay that for the snazzy new ones.
  7. lukather101

lukather101 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Is that £100 a pair:rolleyes:
  8. taz23

taz23 Member

Ratings:
    +48
    They should come down as Samsung do cheaper ones now. Also on the Gadget Show a few months ago they said all TV manufacturers made an agreement that from 2012 they will make all there glasses universal as there all the same it's just the signal that is encrypted to the glasses for each model.
  9. Pumauk

Pumauk Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Taz23 - How are you finding the Sony then?
  10. taz23

taz23 Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Awesome, I love it, it blows away the Samsung D8000 I had out of the water.
  11. StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke Member

Ratings:
    +41
    Lucky sod!! Still waiting for my letter!! :D
  12. taz23

taz23 Member

Ratings:
    +48
    My letter took about 2 weeks then the rang me a week later to confirm the money would be in the bank on that fri & the would collect the POS Samsung on the Wed. They also sent me out a survey about them, you can guess what I put on that haha
  13. Har-One

Har-One Member

Ratings:
    +235
    I would seriously recommend buy this TV from the like of John Lewis or some shop with good return policy. Trying to get things solve with Sony Support is a slow death. For that this TV is good, it is not worth all the hassle that one can get if need to deal with Sony. Sony has become a joke when it comes to quality control or customer services. :mad:
  14. taz23

taz23 Member

Ratings:
    +48
    John Lewis don't do this TV & not all Sony Centres will go bust & to be fair Samsung's quality control is worse & customer service just lie to you.
  15. lukather101

lukather101 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Are you experiencing much DSE on your set , trying to live with mine because I know there isn't anything better out there.
  16. StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke Member

Ratings:
    +41
    I've gotta say I think Samsung's CS has been excellent overall...they never one refused to replace the panel or set as a whole which, considering how many I had, I think is really good! I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Samsung stuff in general, just not their Dx000 tv's!! :D
  17. taz23

taz23 Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Yet but very little, thats the only problem, the Samsung was worse for it, I had a spot about 2cm round and what looked like 2 thick horizontal dirty marks on the Samsung, I've only noticed it on football on the Sony.
  18. Har-One

Har-One Member

Ratings:
    +235
    John Lewis does not sell this TV, you are dead right on the money on this one. However Sony support will only lie to you, fob you off and the standard reply is that the TV is within specifications. When they cannot fob you any longer they send a technician to check that the TV is indeed faulty and claim that the TV is over 28 days. If they really had tried to solve the problem in those days they would have more than enough time. Is that much to ask when paying 4500 pounds for a flagship TV? Especially when one wants to keep a working unit.

I have bought quite a few Sony products and no problems but when things go wrong Sony is at the bottom of the pile. Their Customer Support is as useful as a screen wiper in the rear of a goat. This TV can be really good but when problems come down your way then the hassle is far too much. No all Sony Centre will go into administration but it is impossible to predict which one will be next. I know that they are franchises but they a Sony in front and if they go into administration then one is as good as effing ... The history of this TV have been disastrous to put it mildly. Sony is losing money and Sony Centres are going down because Sony cannot get its act together with quality. One out ten TV is excellent the rest is worse than low end generic TV’s, (this is a manner of speak since I do not have the real statistics, which should not be too good, I assume). It used to be that 100 % of Sony TV’s were good what a far cry from those glory days.
  19. Har-One

Har-One Member

Ratings:
    +235
    In addition the fact that Samsung, Tecknika or whichever have worse customer support does not say a lot. Sony was meant to be premium and in any case they should be trying to out-compete the rest not making their customer service as bad as or worse than the rest. Oh dear! Am I ****** off or what?:rotfl:
  20. taz23

taz23 Member

Ratings:
    +48
    I think all TV theses days have problems some more than others, & Samsung are now saying the clouding, banding, light bleed aren't faults but characteristics of there LED TV & within spec just so they can get out of refunding etc. Ultimately doing things like that will drive customers away from future purchases and will affect them in the long run.
    I thinks it's a case of technology moving to fast and instead of testing them etc they are just trying to get them out on the market quick as possible to try & beat the competition. If you had bought the Samsung you would have a 4 or 5 faults were as the my Sony only has 1 DSE which I can live with a I only notice it on Football.
  21. MartinCollinson

MartinCollinson Member

Ratings:
    +22
    It sounds like I have been really lucky and got one of the good panels - I bought my set to replace a 7th gen Pioneer plasma which had been excellent but this set blows that away in terms of picture quality.

I'm not in love with the 3D on this set - the head tilt issue on the glasses is annoying and I find the glasses a bit uncomfortable as I wear 'normal' glasses. I might try a couple of pairs of the new glasses but having just splashed out on two pairs of the old ones along with the 2 that came with the set I'm in no hurry ....

My free PS3 came this week - took about 7 weeks. No sign of the cash back yet nor the Harry Potter Blu Ray that I'm due on the BluRay Home Cinema set up I bought at the same time as the TV.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  22. Har-One

Har-One Member

Ratings:
    +235
    I think the TV is good in general, but this is true only if you get a good one or one with really minor faults. I think that 3D is quite good with good sources; most of it features I am happy with but there should be no compromise to the PQ. The main reason of any TV is PQ the rest are nice bonuses. I know that all TV's are in crisis but I bought a Sony Bravia Top or the Range Flagship TV. The least it could do is have a decent picture. I do not complain about haloing, x-talk, netflix, audio or lack of sat tuner or that is not closer to the Sharp Elite, which is prove that an excellent TV can be produce with current technology. When the panel is faulty then Sony needs to check the QC. Sorry, imho, Sony is not premium brand any longer, they behave like TESCO's own brand and mind you they may have better customer service.
    The fact that the rest is having problem is irrelevant. I know that there are loads of people with huge problems. However I do not try to justify my problems with others' problems.
  23. Iain Craig

Iain Craig Member

Ratings:
    +6
    What is DSE btw? is that when your watching the football and it pans across the pitch and you see minor shadow kind of things? but when the picture is still its not there?
  24. lukather101

lukather101 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    That's it , but it's not just when watching football . if you can see with football it's also there to a degree when there is any panning against a solid colour background .

"Why is it that we can see it but our better halves can't ":suicide:
  25. Iain Craig

Iain Craig Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah noticed it on other things aswell but it doesnt seem as noticeable as when watching a sport like football.
  26. garymontague

garymontague Member

Ratings:
    +45
    I agree with the DSE on football being more noticeable than on other content.

Strangely though, I find it more prevalent on Sky's UK football than on their Spanish football and it is virtually non-existent watching NFL (american) football. I have no idea why this is.

If I am watching drama/films etc. it's only there if I am really looking out for it. I can live with it but don not understand why UK football brings out the worst in it.
  27. Har-One

Har-One Member

Ratings:
    +235
    DSE can vary some TV's are more affected than others. When the screen is quite busy then it is not visible. What I meant with busy is when there are scene which have many images like a crowd, flock of birds. Sometimes it can be quite acceptable when watching some quiz programs like eggheads or question of sport. Those wide and motion shots are the most affected. Any program like planet earth, earthflight, wide fields sports the problems is very visible. Even in dramas when there is motion the DSE can be seen and it is distracting and in some occasions it just spoils the view.

Most or its feats are very good. Colour reproduction can be really close to perfect, at times it can produce images that are absolutely flawless. It is a pity that Sony cannot get its act together. I have no interest in going back to the hunt for a new TV but like everyone else I want them to be as fault free as possible. This TV price commands a dawn good TV, we should not have to compromise when it comes to picture quality. I could not care less about audio and fancy feats. I think that Sony should concentrate in PQ and forget about all feats that do not improve this. In addition they should not take to the market a Flagship TV which is not up to scratch. People are more forgiving and the low end of the range.
  28. lukather101

lukather101 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Just read a review and it mentioned 3D veiwing with motion flow off also with watching Bluray 24p . Just tryed it and in IMHO it does improve motion judder. Also has anyone noticed when watching some 3d footage there is a noticable red/brown tint to the top of the picture which is a little distracting .

If i tilt my head the colour becomes normal but obviously you loss the 3d effect (hope this all makes sense :))
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  29. jono t

jono t Member

Ratings:
    +107
    Personally i think this tv is one big expensive pig in a poke,this is part 5 of countless pages on how great this tv is even with all its problems, i would have gave up on it long ago and bought something more stable, sony has gone way down hill lately. I think sony just can't be bothered with all the hassle of making tvs these days, they have just gave up , in MO.
  30. taz23

taz23 Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Every manufacturer seem to be having major problems these days, I think it's a case of technology moving to fast and not getting tested properly before going to market. For the record I'm happy with my TV.