Sony BDP-S350/S550/S5000ES DVD Region Hack for Harmony Remotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NEW THREAD:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...dvd-hack-panasonic-pioneer-sony-blu-rays.html

Edit 12/12/08: Some instructions have changed (Highlighted in Blue)

I've succesfully taught the region hack commands to my Harmony One and have included them on a profile for others to use.

So, if you have a harmony, please reply below and I'll Private Message you the log-in details.

This doesn't work with US models

Please do not request details via Private Message or email because my inbox keeps filling up. Any requests sent this way will be deleted without being read.

Under no circumstances should you post this log-in information or pass it on. I do not want it to get into the wrong hands and have the profile messed around with. Thanks

It is important that only one user is logged in at-a-time, so please post here just before you log in and post again when you've finished to give the all-clear to the next user.

When you log in to the Harmony software you will have to go to "Replace Remote" to change it to your own model.

(Don't worry about losing your own settings because once you've finished you can just log back into your profile and update your remote with your personal set-up again. )

You can then apply this profile to your remote and you'll now have activities for hacking

Then follow the instructions below:

1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it and wait for the Home menu to appear.
2. Press the Activity button "Sony Hack", keeping the remote pointing at the player for approx. 5 seconds until the 24p light starts flashing
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote
4. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback

Region Free Hack using a Nokia N95 here...
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...50-dvd-region-hack-nokia-n95.html#post8221938

Last edited:
Hi can you pm me please i have a harmony remote thanks.:smashin:

I'm interested too, can you pm me the details as well.

Many Thanks

Cheers
Lee

Another request for the login, thanks!

Can't believe it was that simple all along. Did you actually use the harmony to make your player region free, i.e have you actually tested it to see if it works or have you just programmed the buttons over? Anyway well done fella.

Can I have the login details too please.

Hi,

Please can you add me to the list.

Thank you!

Gav

Hi,

I'm expecting my 550 to arrive today.
I'm off all day and could be available to "log in" at any time to suit you.

So if I can get the profile prior to my 550's arrival I'm ready when you are.

Hi,

I'm expecting my 550 to arrive today.
I'm off all day and could be available to "log in" at any time to suit you.

So if I can get the profile prior to my 550's arrival I'm ready when you are.

You need the remote in-hand to apply the profile. It goes directly to the remote and can't be copied to another login/profile.

Please post back when you've got it and installed all your software/drivers etc :smashin:

Please add me to the list for the profile details. I will be able to apply the hack anytime tonight after 8.30pm and it will only take me 10 mins.

Can't believe it was that simple all along. Did you actually use the harmony to make your player region free, i.e have you actually tested it to see if it works or have you just programmed the buttons over? Anyway well done fella.

Can I have the login details too please.

I started by programming the All for one remote with the posted instructions and numerous attempts at teaching the Harmony, including raw mode, yielded no results. It wasn't until I tried the all for one, to apply the hack with no success, that I realised that I must have messed up. So I reprogrammed it, resent the commands to the Harmony and voila, it worked.

I have a Harmony 885
Could you please supply me with a time slot
Any time will do as i am now retired

PS i shall be away next week

Thanks

Harmony 885 if I can be added to the list :)
Have my harmony to hand and sony ready to go :) Around all morning today

Last edited:
I will have my remote with me tomorrow all day from 7.15am onwards so anytime after is good for me.

Many thanks

Gav

PM sent. please let me know when you've finished or if you can't do it now and would like it later on.

Cheers.

I've got everything ready now if it helps get through the list any quicker :smashin:

That's correct :smashin:

Sorry but now I'm a bit confused.

I have a Harmony One and as stated should be getting my S550 today (hopefully).

I thought it was a process to add a new profile to the Harmony with which to update the S550 to multiregion.

As I have the Harmony here now, could I not add the profile and then update the S550 later when it arrives?

Sorry but now I'm a bit confused.

I have a Harmony One and as stated should be getting my S550 today (hopefully).

I thought it was a process to add a new profile to the Harmony with which to update the S550 to multiregion.

As I have the Harmony here now, could I not add the profile and then update the S550 later when it arrives?

Sorry bud. I misunderstood. PM sent with login details. Please post back with results :thumbsup:

Sorry bud. I misunderstood. PM sent with login details. Please post back with results :thumbsup:

My mistake for not being clear about which 550 I was awaiting delivery.
You thought I meant a Harmony 550 when I meant Sony 550.

Anyway all done now and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom