1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony BDP-S350 error code "TLK ON"

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players' started by joker777, Jul 16, 2009.

1. joker777

joker777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi could anyone please tell me what the code "TLK ON" means and how it could possibly be rectified.

Thanks
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  2. kingfats

kingfats Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7,746
    From a search. :(

Model No. BDP-S350. Serial No. ...... When “TLK ON” appears, contact your. Sony dealer or local authorized Sony ... dealer or local authorized Sony service facility and give the error code. ...
  3. joker777

joker777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, thanks i had read that in the manual but wondered if anyone had more info on it.

To cut a long story short i had a spare brand new Sony BDP-S350 in an un opened box which was an unwanted gift, I sold it on a well known auction site the winning bidder was the only person to ask about a warranty to which we told him that it may have a manufacturers warranty but i wasn't going to open the box to find out. He won the bid left good feedback that all was well and working now a couple of weeks later he has contacted us quoting the above code and demanding the purchase receipt which we obviously do not have.
    I suspect that because it was so cheep he is trying to pull a fast one and basically pretend the item is faulty so he can return it to Sony and double his money.
    I would like to know what the fault is, what the probable causes are and what a Sony dealer will do to the unit to repair.
  4. kingfats

Ratings:
    +7,746
    Hopefully someone else can shed some light but there doesn't seem much info on the code error :( did he say the players dead and not responding at all?
  5. joker777

joker777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As i understand it the player is "locked up" even the drawer does not open. :(

I wondered if anyone else has had this and could shed some light on it.
  6. jhazeldene

jhazeldene Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Do these players have a transport lock to protect the laser during transport ? It could be Transport Lock On ?

The manual also mentions 'Child lock (tray lock)', maybe that's been set somehow - 'Tray Lock On'.

Usually there is some key pattern to completely reset the unit - holding down certain keys when powering on. Maybe someone knows it ?

HTH, John H
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  7. kingfats

Ratings:
    +7,746
    Power on the player then hold down the "Stop" button (front of machine) for over ten seconds.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. joker777

joker777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help guys, i will Email him with your suggestion and keep you posted.
  9. joker777

joker777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well as i understand it, the customer has got it working, they emailed my wife after we sent them your suggestions so i'm presuming you were correct. Thanks for your help guys. Oh and i know the customer reads these forums so maybe they would like to log on and thank you themselves or let us all know what they did to rectify it. ;)
  10. Anonymous123

Anonymous123 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Old post but it's the first one that came up on google when typing the key words tlk on.
    I do have the solution after a sorta short call to Sony support

To resolve this issue:
    Hold the Play and the Stop buttons down together for aprox 5-10 seconds until the display says TLK OFF.
    This will turn off the TLK setting. Not sure what TLK is but I think it may be a transport lock for transporting the player so as not to dammage the laser.

Hope this helps someone.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. gands

gands Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same trouble "Sony BDP-S350 error code "TLK ON"" I have tried both suggestions, holding the stop button and holding both stop and play. Some how at one point I got into some kind of service menu when trying different combinations, but could not duplicate that again. I called Sony and since unit was 3 months out of warranty they offered to send me a refurbished unit at about twice the price of what I can buy one for on line (I bought a new non-Sony as a result of their great customer service).
  12. buhe0308

buhe0308 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

this solution simply did it . it fix my problem.
    it really helped me a lot. i was allredy thinking abouth thaking it apart to vetify the small stepper motor that it is on it.
    THANKS. for sharing your experince on this fourm.

THANKS AGAIN. =)
  13. ArtFung

ArtFung New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone!
    I had the "TLK on" on a BDPS-780 model and trying out what was suggested on this page I could not manage.
    Anyway, I found out how to get the bugger off for this perticullar model.
    First press "eject" for about 10 to 15 sec (the screen on the machine will start off saying "TLK ON" then "home" and then "OPEN") At this point and without letting eject go, press and hold "play" until it says "TLK" OFF!!
    Done!! ;)
  14. skylarangelmom

skylarangelmom New Member

Ratings:
    +0

:thumbsup: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!:thumbsup: This worked for me......you have made my night & calmed my nerves (.....movie time!!!!!).