1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 100hz vs 200hz

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by wootley, Feb 8, 2009.

1. wootley

wootley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me the comparisions between 100hz and 200hz, how much differnce will you really see between the 2?

Just looking at a couple of Sony models and trying to decide?
  2. social_lurker

social_lurker Member

Ratings:
    +71
    I found the 200hz a little too artificial. It was undeniably very smooth, but didnt look real and I dont think I'd probably use it that much if I went for it.
  3. wootley

wootley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, would go for 100hz ya reckon, what model did you look at?
  4. tempusseven

tempusseven Member

Ratings:
    +6
    the z4500 looks over processed and artificial if you put motionflow to max on films and some TV broadcasts but people are missing the point.

You turn it on only for fast sports and it beats the sony w4500 hands down as there is no ghosting or smearing at all. I a not knocking the w4500 as it is a great TV

You would not keep the same settings for different types of viewing but adjust to suit lighting and input. Its the same with motionflow.

I took over an hour with both the w4500 and z4500 before deciding and the z was worth the extra.

Checkout the z4500 thread for more info

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-televisions/816190-sony-bravia-z4500-lcd-200hz-motionflow-41.html

Take the time to play with the TV yourself - try John Lewis or Sony shops as they have the z set up and you will see.

Take it from someone who owns a Z - its worth a viewing
  5. wootley

wootley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good advice, main use is for playing PS3 watching everyday tv and the odd bit of internet surfing.

Just trying to work out if the price difference is worth it really.
  6. Smith2004

Smith2004 Member

Ratings:
    +119
    The 'HDTVtest' review of the 40in Z4500 showed that it was able to resolve a full 1080 lines during fast motion when the 'standard' or 'max' settings were activated, as opposed to 650 lines for the W4500. So with sport etc. I think you would notice a difference, possibly also with the PS3. However motionflow is deactivated if you use the 'game' mode.
  7. tempusseven

tempusseven Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I tend to put on game mode for online gaming and this disables the motion flow but the response of the Z is fantastic. Not saying the W is much different in this respect as you can use game mode on that as well.

For offline gaming I switch the game mode off and put motion flow to max - call of Duty and Resistance 2 are simlpy stunning.

As to cost, go on - you know you want to
  8. tempusseven

tempusseven Member

Ratings:
    +6
    BIG difference with sport