Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something similar to Bose Wave?

Discussion in 'DAB Digital Radio & FM Radio' started by davidpfitz, Nov 17, 2008.

1. davidpfitz

davidpfitz Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Hi, I'm hoping of you kind people can help me.

I want to buy a christmas present for one of my nearest and dearest. I liked the look of the Bose Wave, until (a) I read the price and (b) I saw it in the flesh - it needs an add-on module for DAB!

Can anyone recommend me a DAB capable 'all-in-one' system? (All I really need is DAB and a line-in - CD etc. not important). Price is not necessarily the most important thing - I just want it to have sound good enough to be used in a 16x12 foot room and fill it as well as an all-in-one can!

Thanks,
    David.
  2. KJ Palmer

KJ Palmer Member

Ratings:
    +111
    Have you considered the Roberts MP-23? Seems to be similarly featured to the Bose Wave, for half the price and with everything built in. Certainly has enough oomph for my bedroom, similarly sized to your room.

Sorry, hope this doesn't sound like I'm plugging it...
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. davidpfitz

davidpfitz Member

Ratings:
    +26
    Yes, i did take a look at it - and haven't discounted it at all! I think I read it wasn't very powerful in the speaker department - sounded more like something for the kitchen / bedroom rather than the living room.
  4. k-spin

k-spin Member

Ratings:
    +39
  5. davidpfitz

davidpfitz Member

Ratings:
    +26
    2x10w speakers sounds a little puny - but definitely seeing if I can find one in a store I can listed to.

Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated.
  6. vex

vex Active Member

Ratings:
    +279
    Boston Accoustics and Onkyo offer a similar type of solution.

V.
  7. Socrates

Socrates Member

Ratings:
    +40
    You will be hard pressed to beat the quality of sound on the Vita. They are a speaker maker, so they no exactly what they are doing whenit comes to sound. And never be led by the specs. Its how the sound is produced that matters. And the Vita is superb.
    If you can, demo one to see for yourself. The only downside is the price. £200+ is alot of for just a DAB radio. They do a CD version, but that is £500. And that sounds like Angels singing:D.

Hope that helps

D.