Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slimline Yamaha or Denon

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by bvs, May 18, 2004.

1. bvs

bvs Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking at getting a slimline receiver and have found the Yamaha RXSL100 and the Denon AVR770SD. Has anybody had any experience of these or can offer advice as to whether one is better than the other. I know very little about receivers so any comments on these two would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :smashin:
  2. Hamilton10

Hamilton10 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the 770SD so can only comment on this receiver. This is my first AV receiver so I've got nothing to compare it with, but it looks fantastic and is very easy to set up. It's loud enough for me too in my 16' x 10' room. I like the smooth Denon sound – I also have a Denon Hi-Fi which is nine years old and is still doing me proud. Connectivity is pretty good, although you don't get any inputs on the front panel. I don't know how this compares with the Yamaha.

I only have the Tannoy FX 5.1 speaker package at the moment which doesn't really do the receiver justice. Budgetary constraints meant I had to go for this, but I'm already thinking about upgrading the subwoofer as it's pants (boomy) – the satellites are fine.

I hope this helps. Any specific questions let me know.