Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slendertone abs, any good?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness Forum' started by bluedroog, Jun 4, 2013.

1. bluedroog

bluedroog Active Member

Ratings:
    +563
    Does anyone have any experiences with one of these? I realise sit-ups and other traditional exercises are probably better but think I'd use a thing like this while doing my usual things after work, alright tv....

Now I know these aren't for everyone but suspect it may be suited to me. I've lost at least five stone and fairly stable now at a weight I'm happy with but the legacy of the old beer belly is a bit loose and flabby around the gut, do you think a slider tone may help?

They seem pretty cheap these days do haven't got much to lose.

Thanks.
  2. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE Active Member

Ratings:
    +291
    If you already have a 6 pack then they work to tone it up. However if you don't, then no amount of slendertone will get it out. Only the right diet and hitting the gym will do that for you. If you have the money to spare then give it a go.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  3. Desmo

Desmo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,439
    Most can probably guess my answer to this so I've got a question for you....what are you expecting it to do?
    Can you already see your abs or are they covered in a layer of fat? Depending on the answer, it should help you to decide :)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. bluedroog

bluedroog Active Member

Ratings:
    +563
    Thanks guys. My expectations are somewhere between zero and over time with a healthy lifestyle that is could help me getting a former stomach.

I eat a very heathy diet three days, cycle to work everyday and do some exercises at home (just 10 minutes a day) but I'm not a gym bloke.

I can pinch a couple of inches and there is no doubt fat but also excess skin, it's just a bit wobbly. I don't really need to lose weight overall this just seems to have got as far as it wants after my weight loss, I've already gone from a 40 something waist down to 32 which I've not been since I was about 15 (30 now), I'm not small either, I used to play second row rugby for my school 1st team at 17 and was a 34 then, my stomach was never ripped but firm and flat, I'd like to get back there.

Any other tips?
  5. CoolBreeze9

CoolBreeze9 Member

Ratings:
    +67
    If you have a layer of fat, with inches that you can grab it honestly won't do anything for you. Lets say for the sake of argument, that this thing works your abs really hard and is the same as doing a 30 (or even an overly optimistic 60 min) workout.

Just doing an ab workout every day won't reduce the fat around your belly. The best thing to do is to start some sort of resistance/weights program and clean up the diet. Hitting the big muscles (Legs, back, chest) will burn a lot more calories and help reduce your body fat as well as work your abs simultaneously. Even if that means doing bodyweight stuff at home if you don't want to start hitting the gym. There are plenty of home workouts online that would be great for you.

Good luck :smashin: