1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY TV Link Snowy Picture

Discussion in 'Sky, Sky+, Sky HD & Sky 3D' started by gorillag, Jul 24, 2010.

1. gorillag

gorillag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have today installed about 30-40m of coaxial to a tv in my garage and plugged it into my sky hd box using a sky tv link. Everything works fine sound, and changing channels except the picture is showing sigs interference e.g. snowy and lines.

I have chnged the rf channel to 69 no difference. Then by accident I held the tv link box and cable in my hand and hey presto the interference disappeared.

Does anyone have any suggestions is it a faulty tv link, can i use soem sort of insulating tape to mimic my hand?

All suggestions gratefully received.
  2. Chrisgixer

Chrisgixer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting, similar here, will give it a try. Do you find the red button features don't work on the second tv with sky HD via digi link? I rang sky about it, they are working on it apparently.
  3. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,091
    The coax connectors on the cable really need to have the centre conductor soldered. Also try a different RF channel at the other end of the range (21 to 69).

The interactive/teletext problem over RF2 is a software problem BUT can be cured temporarily by disconnecting the HDMI cable from main TV when watching the second TV
  4. MartinPickering

MartinPickering Active Member

Ratings:
    +451
    Is ALL of the coaxial cable double-shielded?

You may be able to simulate the effect of your hand by accidentally wrapping the tvLINK box in aluminium foil and connecting it to a ground point, such as a radiator or water pipe.

In any case, make sure that the tvLINK is connected to the TV set by a length of double-screened coaxial cable and position it for minimum interference.
  5. gorillag

gorillag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok fols an update for you. Plugged coax directly into 2nd tv and picture is perfect. So its not the coax. Got 2nd tv link and it has improved and if I postion it just right the interference stopsm I also put it on rhf 38.

Hope that helps. It is now the opposite when I put my hand near it the interference increases
  6. MartinPickering

MartinPickering Active Member

Ratings:
    +451
    Sounds like a coax problem to me. It's typical of the effect you'd get if the coax shield was not connected inside a plug.
  7. SevloW

SevloW Active Member

Ratings:
    +785

This was fixed on my Samsung after the EPG Upgrade to 9.10.13a a few months ago.