Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY TV Link Snowy Picture

Discussion in 'Sky Forum' started by gorillag, Jul 24, 2010.

1. gorillag

gorillag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have today installed about 30-40m of coaxial to a tv in my garage and plugged it into my sky hd box using a sky tv link. Everything works fine sound, and changing channels except the picture is showing sigs interference e.g. snowy and lines.

I have chnged the rf channel to 69 no difference. Then by accident I held the tv link box and cable in my hand and hey presto the interference disappeared.

Does anyone have any suggestions is it a faulty tv link, can i use soem sort of insulating tape to mimic my hand?

All suggestions gratefully received.
  2. Chrisgixer

Chrisgixer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting, similar here, will give it a try. Do you find the red button features don't work on the second tv with sky HD via digi link? I rang sky about it, they are working on it apparently.
  3. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,098
    The coax connectors on the cable really need to have the centre conductor soldered. Also try a different RF channel at the other end of the range (21 to 69).

The interactive/teletext problem over RF2 is a software problem BUT can be cured temporarily by disconnecting the HDMI cable from main TV when watching the second TV
  4. MartinPickering

MartinPickering Active Member

Ratings:
    +461
    Is ALL of the coaxial cable double-shielded?

You may be able to simulate the effect of your hand by accidentally wrapping the tvLINK box in aluminium foil and connecting it to a ground point, such as a radiator or water pipe.

In any case, make sure that the tvLINK is connected to the TV set by a length of double-screened coaxial cable and position it for minimum interference.
  5. gorillag

gorillag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok fols an update for you. Plugged coax directly into 2nd tv and picture is perfect. So its not the coax. Got 2nd tv link and it has improved and if I postion it just right the interference stopsm I also put it on rhf 38.

Hope that helps. It is now the opposite when I put my hand near it the interference increases
  6. MartinPickering

MartinPickering Active Member

Ratings:
    +461
    Sounds like a coax problem to me. It's typical of the effect you'd get if the coax shield was not connected inside a plug.
  7. SevloW

SevloW Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Ratings:
    +812

This was fixed on my Samsung after the EPG Upgrade to 9.10.13a a few months ago.