Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ Remote Unresponsive

Discussion in 'Sky Forum' started by santababe, Feb 21, 2010.

1. santababe

santababe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We have had sky+ for around 3 years. In the last few days the remote has become sluggish and unresponsive to the extent that we need to press the button many times before anything happens. Also when deleting (one press only) more than one item can be deleted. On one occasion we had a message on the screen to change the batteries in the remote but we had already done this.

We have tried using a different sky+ remote but have the same issue. They are both genuine sky+ remotes.

We have a digi sender from the sky+ box to another room and we have no problems using the remotes to use sky in that room. The digi sender has been in use since we first had sky+.

Can anyone help with this problem because Sky will only do so if we pay £65 for a call out. The sky+ box is manufactured by PACE.

Thanks
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,098
    It sounds as if the IR reciever in the sky box is on the blink. A possible workaraound is split the RF2 out using a splitter with dc pass and connect a second magic eye by the actual box. (assuming you mean a skylink/magic eye by digisender)
  3. santababe

santababe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It was Wireless Video Sender from Argos. does this make difference to your idea?, What has puzzled me it works from the other room really well.
    Thanks
  4. breeze1

breeze1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I am new to this so bear with me if this is a syupid question.
    Got a new Samsung LED TV ue40b6000 at the weekend and I think it messes up my SKY+ remote signal. If the sky box is turned away from the TV it works fine, but if the box is aligned with the TV (underneath) it wont work. I have reset using the select blue etc code and also set it up so my sky remote controls the TV but I cant get the signal across to the SKY box.
    I am getting SKY HD on Friday will this be the same problem? The SKY remote is version 6 if that helps anyone...

Any help would be appreciated..
    Thanks
    Breeze1
  5. Stevenage Neil

Stevenage Neil Active Member

Ratings:
    +891
    Why are you double posting in different threads?
  6. breeze1

breeze1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, new to this and at the time I didnt know how to start a new thread. Then I wasnt sure if anyone would respond to this one ,so found out how to start my own....