Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky + remote does not work

Discussion in 'Sky Forum' started by lee771, Jul 31, 2011.

1. lee771

lee771 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have connected a sky eye to my sky + box, the rf outlet is on and the light on the eye is on, but my sky remote will not work it, any ideas?

I have a skyHD as well which the remote works fine on, very frustating!

Thanks
  2. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,477
    These "eyes" are normally used for sending the remote control back to the Sky receiver from a remote location, where they're connected between the cable from the receiver's RF2 Out socket and the remote TV.
    If you're using it in the same room, try it on a length of co-ax cable, away from the receiver and the TV.
  3. lee771

lee771 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My sky box is in the garage and the eye is in another room, cant understand why it will not work. I have 4no other eyes around the house which are working off the sky HD box which are fine.
  4. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,477
    You said you "have connected a sky eye to my sky + box" - you actually meant you'd connected it to the extension TV in the usual way?
    In that case it's probably a slight fault in the cable that can easily let the programme through one way but prevent the IR getting back the other.
  5. MartinPickering

MartinPickering Active Member

Ratings:
    +461