1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Remote Code for a DML-4117W

Discussion in 'Sky, Sky+, Sky HD & Sky 3D' started by Tyler Durden, May 2, 2005.

1. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Can anyone help, please!!!!
  2. JayCee

JayCee Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,539
    And everyone is supposed to know what a DML-4117W is? :lesson:
    Make?
  3. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Sorry, its the 17" widescreen DM-Tech LCD.
  4. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Tyler,

Searching on this forum I found a post from alscds on 12/1/2005. I quote:
    "I mean just look at Samsung's dm tech lcd". The thread was a discussion of a Samsung plasma. It would seem your lcd is made by Samsung. I would mention that you often need an up to date Sky remote to control a new television. Look in the battery compartment and it will give the Rev number. The latest one is Rev6 bought online, (Argos are selling Rev 5). If you have a previous Rev number (4 or less) it may mean that the more up to date televisions have not been programmed into this.

Try these Samsung codes (from Sky interactive screen). It does require patience!!! Good Luck

065 584 615 037 245 476 516 292 318 236 398 244 100 118 060 088 646 672.

I would start with the last number and work backwards. The earlier numbers were allotted to specific televisions, the last few for unspecified models. Of course, none may work. Fingers crossed!
  5. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Thanks for trying but none of them work. Anyone else got any ideas? I have a Rev 4 remote.
  6. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Bad luck Tyler,

Try the following site. Several people have managed to get a working code from this. The manufacturer tables won't be much good to you as they don't seem to have Samsung for some strange reason, but you could try the "blink back" method which is situated near the turquoise book shown on that page of Sky codes. It does take an awful lot of reading the satcure site and then trial and error. If all else fails it may be worth landing out £15 for a new Sky 6 remote as this would be more likely to succeed, but not foolproof I have only seen one site online that has the Rev6 version. I'll keep hoping for you.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/digicode/htm
  7. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Member

Ratings:
    +96
    I've gone through all the Samsung codes one by one (they are there!) and also set the remote to scroll through all the samsung codes automatically, but no joy! Anyone got theirs to work?
  8. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Member

Ratings:
    +96
    :lease:
  9. jenic

jenic Active Member

Ratings:
    +183
    If you ring sky they should tell you!!
  10. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Sky say they don't have any codes for DMTech. So I guess I am stuck!
  11. jenic

jenic Active Member

Ratings:
    +183
    Try going through all the codes, some av equipment uses the same code across manufacturers, usually the less heard off manufacturers!
  12. screenman

screenman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    check:.... www.dmtechnology.co.kr

I sent them an email some time ago....the response was as follows:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your purchasing our product and this email.

Regarding the remote controller, we would like to inform you that the remote controller for DML-4117WD and Sky satellite system is not compatible each other. Your kind understanding would be appreciated.

Thanks & best regards,
    Sky were no use at all. AND what makes it worse is that the sky DVD/LCD tv they sell via skybuy site and their monthly magazines is a rebranded dmtech - and what do you know, it does not work! To make it even worse still, in the monthly mag its advertised as "optimised for sky" (my ar5e!!)

I tried emailing pace too. no decent response received.

Perhaps if enough people contacted dmtech/pace/sky...something would hopefully be done about it...
  13. Moviebuff

Moviebuff Member

Ratings:
    +99
    Just bought one of these - does any kind soul have any updates on this - done a search on the web - bloody nothing! :(
  14. screenman

screenman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    ....still looking myself!
  15. pilotsnipes

pilotsnipes Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    And here too! Anyone?
  16. Enquirer

Enquirer Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Try 0125 514, then if they dont work your only hope is this

Step and set (if you cant find the code)
    1. First Set the remote control to the TV Mode, then turn on the TV that you want to operate.
    2. Press and hold the <<Select>> and <<Red>> keys simultaneously on the remote control for a minimum of 1.5 seconds, until the LED blinks twice. (This enables the "ID Code" programming function in the remote control.)
    3. Press and release the <TV> key. (This enables the "step and set" feature.)
    4. Aim the remote control at the TV and press the <On/Off> key. The TV should turn off (or go to standby).
    5. If the TV does not turn off, press and release the <TV> key and repeat step 4. When the TV does turn off, got to step 6.
    6. Press and release the <Select> key to lock in the ID code that operated your TV. The LED will blink twice after pressing Select to indicate that the code was programmed.
    Once the unit goes through the entire memory of ID codes without selecting an ID, the LED blinks three times and the unit exits the Step and Set Mode.
    (The next time this sequence of steps is initiated, the stepping will start from one ID above the ID used in step 6, allowing the user to cycle through the remaining codes in the device library.)
    Note: Once the On/Off key is pressed right after the TV, the remote will not react to any other key presses but the TV and On/Off. However, if a digit key is pressed right after the TV key the unit will automatically enter the Brand Step and Set Mode.

This can take upto fifteen minutes to go through all possible codes.

If it still doesnt work then it wont.
  17. screenman

screenman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup:

Looks like the new Sky Remote Revision 8 (HD) will also control the DMTech Tv's

Code:- 1992

Not sure whether this new Rev 8 Remote will be able or not to control a standard Sky Digibox though so I am hesitating on buying one just yet....Can anyone else confirm this who has HD and another regular digibox ?

Already have an extra rev6 and rev4 remote kicking about - can afford buying more not knowing for sure it would work or not!! !

See the satcure site for more info on buying the remote and codes....

Enjoy !