1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky magic eye can just use to change channel

Discussion in 'Sky, Sky+, Sky HD & Sky 3D' started by waterloo, Aug 31, 2006.

1. waterloo

waterloo Member

Ratings:
    +11
    hi can i use the sky magic eye to just change channel ? i have my sky+ box out of site under the bed and want to just change the channel. can i use the magic eye thingy for this or if not what can i use any help ?
  2. SamRadford

SamRadford Member

Ratings:
    +366
    Yes, that's what it's for, but you'll need a remote control as well. Connect the magic eye to the Digibox RF outlet 2 with suitable coaxial cable. Set the RF Outlet power to ON in the menu.

Press [services] 401 [select] 4 (quickly) to enter the menu.

Make sure that the Digibox is NOT sitting on a carpet otherwise it can overheat. Allow it plenty of space for ventilation.
  3. waterloo

waterloo Member

Ratings:
    +11
    top man sam :thumbsup: just searching on here and found a old post of yours gave me all the answers. i allways like to double check so its magic eye the rf 2 outlet and this will change the channel for me no need to hook up to the screen as i am only wanting to change channel is this correct mate.
  4. shoestring25

shoestring25 Active Member

Ratings:
    +171
    just to confirm that you don't have to connect it to the screen as long as its in the RF2 you can change channel with it?

the reason i ask is because I'm using video sender for the picture gives me better picture than the coax and stereo. but i find trying to get the remote sensor blocks to work the sensor on the sky box a pain they seam to have quite a sweet spot!
  5. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,418
    Videosenders usually send the IR either themselves or with an attached emitter or both - doesn't any of that work for you?
    You're right of course that the co-ax doesn't need to be connected to the extension TV for the "magic eye" to work with it.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. shoestring25

Ratings:
    +171
    the video sender wont be facing the tele to use the ir function and i always find lining up the ir blocks over my sky box's remote sensor such a pain they have a definite sweet spot. as me cables there for the magic eye will use it for that.

cheers
  7. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,418
    I agree about the receiver's IR receptor being difficult to locate for an emitter, but I haven't come across any sender or extender that could not itself control a Sky receiver.
  8. shoestring25

Ratings:
    +171
    but the video sender itself has to be facing the sky box for the IR to work doesnt it?
  9. Stevenage Neil

Stevenage Neil Active Member

Ratings:
    +884
    It depends on where the IR emitter is located. Some have the emitter on a flying lead.
  10. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,418
    The sender or extender usually sends out a broad strong beam of IR that will reach devices anywhere that is not entirely out of line of sight, but there may be some that are much more directional.