1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent Hill Hd (lacking) collection

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Games' started by blakey87, Sep 24, 2011.

1. blakey87

blakey87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just been looking at silent hill hd collection and couldn't believe it will only have titles 2 & 3. What about 4? Or at least the remastered original on wii and ps2. I hope konami aren't expecting consumers to pay the full £30-£40 like they will be for the Metal Gear Solid collection.

I'm a little disappointed with a so called "collection" when the series has alot to offer with it's titles. Don't get me wrong, 2 & 3 are very good titles, 2 being the pinnacle of the series, but to re-release a title or collection surely you would want to offer more for fans willing to dig in their pockets to buy the collection. Again.

At least konami are getting it right with MGS HD collection. You'll be getting 2, 3 and peace walker. Shame they won't be putting the remastered original in the collection because it was made exclusively for Gamecube. And the fact that a brand new and sealed copy of the twin snakes is as expensive as a new ps3. Too bad.
  2. Krooner

Krooner Active Member

Ratings:
    +305
    Agreed it's a real shame they've overlooked The Room, They've changed all the voice work too, all new actors and from some of the clips they've absolutely destroyed it.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  3. blakey87

blakey87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They had to change the voices because of a legal battle between konami and the man who was the voice of silent hill 2s protagonist.

They don't sound too bad, it just seems abit of a waste releasing a "collection" which are only 2 games, new voice acting and an ongoing legal battle because of the title going multiplatform. How much money have they had to spend to re release the games in HD with all these changes? And is there going to be any new content? Or at least something to compensate for a small collection.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  4. Krooner

Krooner Active Member

Ratings:
    +305
    I'd gathered it was something like that, but why change Eddie? or Maria?? Or touch 3 at all. I'd rather play on PS2 I think.
  5. blakey87

blakey87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. I was over the moon to hear they were bringing last gen titles back with HD visuals etc but silent hill has just gone downhill.
  6. BluWarfareHD09

BluWarfareHD09 Active Member

Ratings:
    +160
    Maybe they didn't do the first game as it was on the PS and it would take too much time to get it anywhere near the quality they want, never played them before so was going to pick it up, but as there's no first I think I'll leave it as I know the first 2 are connected somehow. At least with the DMC 1 they are releasing the whole series