Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signed Gladiator BD by Ridley

Discussion in 'Movie Memorabilia' started by nonsoloinglese, Jan 14, 2012.

1. nonsoloinglese

nonsoloinglese Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Just over a year ago I flew to the States from Heathrow for Thanksgiving. I was using miles and with my wife and child so we were fortunate enough to fly first class. In the lounge, lo and behold, Ridley Scott was relaxing walking around with a lawyer type. Not wanting to miss this opportunity I ran to the HMV to find something for him to sign. I found a white boxed copy of Gladiator, went to WHSmith for some marker pens and prayed he would still be there when I got back.

I was nervous so got my wife and baby son to go and ask him to sign it. He was more than charming, took the cover out of the sleeve and asked my name. So I have this great pied of memorabilia and thought I would share the story.

Now, the debate is how should I frame it? Frame the whole Blu-ray in its box, or just the cover etc, what would you do?
  2. gam

gam Active Member

Ratings:
    +371
    not sure how a cover would look framed on its own so would pick the whole blu ray in its box option

you can get wee plastic stands for dvd's/blu's, think a good few people got them for steelbooks, so that could look nice beside your tv or in a unit or on a shelf etc..... personally I'd probably be happy with a stand but for protection a case for just the box or a perspex cover for the box and stand all on a plinth would look well
  3. nonsoloinglese

nonsoloinglese Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Thanks Gam, I will have a look around. They are very cheap so worth a punt. I would also go for having the whole BD box framed but that would be quite costly.
  4. indy1975

indy1975 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    How about framing the cover and placing the disc next to it.chuck the case away