1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sideshows Quality Control

Discussion in 'Collectible Figures' started by Soundwave, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Viperj2k

Viperj2k Member

Ratings:
    +88
    I think the problem here is that we arn't getting a realistic look at what product we are going to receive in the end, but I understand they need to release the most kick ass pics in order to sell the item to fans.
    It's the same with McDonalds/BK, how often does the burger resemble the one on the menu :laugh:
    I think if Sideshow want to avoid a lot of dissapointment in the future, they need to perhaps tone down the fancy lighting in the promo pics (coz we aint got that at home) and show us a factory sample at comic con (not one done by the artist Rembrant).

I've been more than happy with their tailoring department though, those guys are always getting overlooked :lesson:
  2. Sithlord75

Sithlord75 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have to laugh, all new stuff from Sideshow has a quality assured sticker on the styrofoam before you open it up.

If that's the case Sideshow why have i just had to smash my 3rd piece in the last month ??
  3. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright AVForums Founder Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,696
    I'm quite surprised at the quality of those. Compared to my Enterbay T2, they look pretty disappointing.
    [​IMG]
  4. Bigpig

Bigpig Member

Ratings:
    +123
    He does look good but Enterbay are also known for letting the quality slip from prototype to production.

shame am not into 1/4 with Batman/preds/dutch on there way :(
  5. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright AVForums Founder Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,696
    Where are the announcements on those?
  6. tommyh84

tommyh84 Member

Ratings:
    +232
    tbf very few Statue sculpts are up there with those of 1/6 & 1/4 figures. I guess it's just not as easy to sculpt on polystone (or whatever the PF's are made from) than it is plastic

That said the new Scarlett Johansson/Black Widow PF is miles better than the Hot Toys equivalent
  7. Bigpig

Bigpig Member

Ratings:
    +123
    different places. EB for the Darkknight, HT announced the AVP/PRED1/2 in 1/4
  8. MQUIN SKYWALKER

MQUIN SKYWALKER Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Are these not the counterfeit sideshow peices as more a are popping up all over the place all my sideshow stuff has been spot on??
  9. minty_71

minty_71 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    hi neil... :thumbsup: love the marvel sideshows.. i wanted a rouge premium format to go with my gambit. ultron dude! he looks the nuts.. want one of those too.. but want the exclusive.. see a couple on ebay but very pricey.. did you pre-order yours from sideshow..

talking about paint problems.. i was shocked at some of those pictures.. i mean got quite a few sideshow marvel pieces and i've never had any issues like the ones shown.. guess ive been lucky there.. phew!

just wish i could sell my abomination premium format.. cant display him :(.. just don't have the room ..

what other sideshow marvel you got mate.. do you have any pics of your collection on here.?

regards..

neil
  10. tommyh84

tommyh84 Member

Ratings:
    +232
    Sideshow strikes again?

This is the Thor PF from SDCC:

[​IMG]

This is what people actually received

[​IMG]

Obvious case of the paint apps not being as good on the head sculpt nor the chain link sleeves from the proto SSC showed at SDCC. It should be noted that a lot of people on SSF are happy with the product in hand though

Only one month to go before the Joker PF is set to be released and this Thor release has done nothing to quell my fear that it won't live up to the prototype :(
  11. Sithlord75

Sithlord75 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I just don't think that the inhand pictures of Thor are doing it justice.

I still can't decide myself if i want to risk picking it up as it seems that some are painted so badly where some look fantastic. A collector posted up his pics last night and it looked awesome. :)

My main grip with Sideshow's stuff at the mo is that they seem to have a handful of great painters at the factory and some that are as good at painting as i am (suck).

My Alien Big Chap maquette i recieved afew weeks ago is a good example, the first one i got was painted badly, had paint chips which were just painted over, it just looked really naff for a £600 piece.

Returned it and got a replacement which was miles better, i was shocked at how much the overall paint job differed between the two maquette's. :eek: