1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up a dual (or triple) boot

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Tomtom111, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Tomtom111

Tomtom111 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I want to set-up a dual boot system with Windows 7, my laptop's original OS, and Mac OS X. As I said in the title if at all possible I would like to do a triple boot with Windows, Mac, and Ubuntu. I've been doing research, and I've found that, correct me if I'm wrong, I need a partition on my disk for each different OS. However, because my C drive is a basic disk, and HP have filled up the maximum of 4 partitions with, 'system', 'C', 'HP_Tools' and 'Recovery'. I don't want to delete any of these, as from what I've read they could stop me being able to restore Windows if something were to go wrong with it. As a result of this my only choice is to change the disk type to dynamic, as I can create more partitions. But I've heard that I am unable to install OS's on this type of disk. I've already tried both in Virtualbox, but I actually want them as a booting OS rather than in a sandbox. Also, are there programs that enable the dual or triple boot up thing, such as Chameleon which I've heard of but not sure about.

Thanks.
  2. maf1970

maf1970 Active Member

Ratings:
    +254
  3. Tomtom111

Tomtom111 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was more hoping for an answer like, will converting the drive to dynamic stop me being able to run Windows, and can I still install Mac OS X after the conversion.