1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serviio can't stream .avi or .bmp files

Discussion in 'TV Technology: Smart TV, 3D, Ultra HD, 4K' started by ejp, Feb 8, 2012.

1. ejp

ejp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't get Serviio to stream .avi or .bmp files. No problem with mpg, mpg4, mp3 and jpg. My TV is a new LG47LW5700. Could that be an issue?

Just installed the free trial full version of Nero Mediahome 4 and it has same problem, but maybe that's because it's a free trial. Official version of Nero Essentials that came with TV also behaves exactly the same as Serviio....no .bmp or .avi

For Serviio, I'm using the LG profile that's in there for the entry for my TV IP address.

Any suggestions?
  2. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    Serviio will share / server avi and bmp files so you need to troubleshoot.

1, Check the AVI's and find out what the FourCC is for them ?
    2, Check the files aren't corrupt ?
    3, Check the BMP files aren't corrupt ?
    4, In Serviio for the folder(s) your sharing make sure you have video and picture sharing enabled.
    5, In Serviio click refresh so it scans your data and give it time to catch up.
    6, If you have meta data collection turned on it and you have a lot of files it can be slow to download all the meta data and then share.

You'll get more support on the Serviio forums on the Serviio website in the LG section but the above should help you resolve the problems.
  3. ejp

ejp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Never heard of FourCC till now and looked it up. How do I get that info and what do I do with it? I have 3 cameras (Canon, Nikon, Sony) that all (I think) produce avi video, that's all I know. I can view these videos all day on the PC using any app I choose (Nero, WMP, VLC, Ifranview, Pinnacle), so not corrupt. Same with the .bmp files.

I have meta turned off and repeatedly did a refresh and have all right formats enabled (#4 above).

So, I don't have to worry about a custom profile for the LG TV? Don't get what the profiles are for.

thanks for the tip on the Serviio/LG forum.....will check that out.
  4. NX3

NX3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +333
    Use MediaInfo to provide details of a file, instructions here;
    Serviio • View topic - HOWTO: Use MediaInfo to provide details of a file

FourCC will tell you what Codec the AVI has, thats the important bit so get the log info from mediainfo.

Profiles are for matching the media with your media you have, then if anything your tv cannot play, Serviio will format on the fly to a format it can play. If your set has been identified as LG its likely the profile is correct unless you have a brand new model thats feature rich compared to all previous LGs.

Anyway, your probably best now on serviio lg forums as this is getting very specific. I'm sure it can be resolved.
  5. ejp

ejp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, thanks!