Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratches/Tint Removal on a Plasma Screen

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MrKennedy, Mar 17, 2013.

1. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Hi guys,

Quick query i have noticed two scratches on my Samsung Plasma TV screen. The scratches appear to have like a mirror effect, i assume this is where the reflection tint has scratched off?

Is there anything i can buy that would help repair the screen? there are also noticble scratches on other areas that are just like normal scratch lines on a glass window for example.

Any idea's or help would be most welcome, thankyou kindly! :smashin:
  2. Scooby2000

Scooby2000 Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,430
    How do you clean your screen?
    This sounds silly but it may just be dirt on the screen. I remember thinkin a set had been damaged, looked like a stone chip on a windscreen, quick wipe with a damp microphiber cloth and it went.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Thanks scooby, how are you getting on with your set? What did you settle on doing in the end with your settings for brightness/contrast/gamma etc?

As for mine, i think the scratch is definatly some kind of abrasion, its really odd though, i dont use harsh chemicals of any kind.. Just my usual screen cleaner, though i have swapped to a new one in the last 3months (its lcd, plasma friendly) it is proper stuff too, not cheap.

I think over time it has eroded the screen tint film... But i really dont know.

As explained under the screen film it has like a mirror effect on the screen now where the scratch is :-S most bizzare, its definatly a scratch of sorts! :(

Its makes no difference to picture quality (as far as i can tell)
  4. rio1981

rio1981 Active Member

Ratings:
    +506
    I've got the same on my Panny V10 - not in any way noticeable when viewing and only just about visible when turned off and looking from an angle. Still bugs me though but I've just conceded defeat and that, when I come to sell it, it might knock the price down by £50 or so.
  5. Scooby2000

Scooby2000 Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,430
    I use nothing on my screen but a damp and dry microphiber cloth.

Contrast and brightness is set as good as I'm going to get by eye now, don't think the set can do much better.