Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch on my iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gerbilly, Jan 16, 2012.

1. nigelbb

nigelbb Active Member

Ratings:
    +498
    just like having ADD caused you to drop the phone in the first place:)
  2. gerbilly

gerbilly Member

Ratings:
    +99
    Everything I said is genuine, I was having issues with dropped calls, having to make calls 2 or 3 times before I got through and also battery issues. I got rid of the battery issue after the first visit when I did a restore as new when I got home. The first guy said he couldn't replace it unless I paid.
    I came home and as stated did a restore, however I was still having issues with having to make calls 2 or 3 times before I got through. I then made another appnt with the apple store and explained all the same things again and also how I dropped the phone. The tone of the guy was totally different and I said to him what could he do and I was willing to pay for a replacement if I had to.
    He said I wouldn't need to and got me to sign for a replacement and there would be no charge.

I think if I was lying I would come up with a better excuse than what the truth was.:D
  3. PU6HY

PU6HY Active Member

Ratings:
    +722
    Why do you care what people think? Some people just getting on their soap boxes with their whiter than white ideals. Nobody is perfect so I wouldn't even listen to some of them trying to guilt trip you. You've done nothing wrong in my eyes pal. You took a chance after they said no the first time and got your replacement. The phone cost a bomb and it was in warranty. You explained the situation and they swapped it. Enjoy your phone.
  4. gerbilly

gerbilly Member

Ratings:
    +99
    I will:D

although i will feel better once i have my screen protector on:)
  5. Dazo

Dazo Member

Ratings:
    +74
    That is exactly what I thought. You got the phone exchanged because of the other issues not because you were willing to pay for the scratch. The phone was in warranty and appeared faulty, apple done what you would expect them to do.

Not a soap box in sight. :rolleyes:
  6. nigelbb

nigelbb Active Member

Ratings:
    +498
    Apple cannot refuse a legitimate warranty claim just because the phone has a cosmetic defect. Their method of handling warranty claims is to swap the defective phone for a reconditioned one & then return the duff one to a repair centre to be refurbished. They could hardly oblige you to pay for a replacement phone when the cosmetic defect isn't affecting the operation of the phone.
  7. PU6HY

PU6HY Active Member

Ratings:
    +722
    Well maybe there were soapboxes in sight as I've read this thread and pretty sure somebody did question his honesty. Posts have been removed btw.

My point was you have fuddy duddy goodie two shoes popping up and I don't believe they have never told a white lie in their life.
    I'm not saying the OP has lied. I believe what he says and I'm glad he got a replacement out of it.
  8. Desmo

Desmo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,233
    Just to jump on the end of this thread, will apple do the £139 swap if glass is totally smashed or does that just cover light scratches?
  9. PU6HY

PU6HY Active Member

Ratings:
    +722
    Think they will fella
  10. Desmo

Desmo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,233
    Cool. Friend of mine has just totally mashed the back of her phone.
  11. PU6HY

PU6HY Active Member

Ratings:
    +722
    I only paid about £30 for the back glass when I had mine replaced. Seems its cheaper. Well it was for me anyway.
  12. dr no

dr no Active Member

Ratings:
    +805
    Just dropped my phone from half a metre in car park while getting out the car. Big crack in the rear glass within a Desmay case.

How much will they charge for the back glass? Is that £30 a standard charge for the back?

So much for the Desmay cases protection and iPhone design!
  13. poppitypop

poppitypop Member

Ratings:
    +109
    I managed to get a free out of warranty replacement from apple for my iphone 4 this week. It really depends how you deal with them on the phone.
  14. Sartios

Sartios New Member

Ratings:
    +228
    Oh the joys of having a phone that's completely covered in glass.