Scientifically, why Ronaldo is so good

NooBish AbbZ 92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just been watching this on youtube which basically analyses Ronaldo's techniques decision making, all that sorta stuff using high tech stuff

I thought it was interesting and thought some of you guys might like it :smashin: I'm especially interested in the eye-movement section :thumbsup:

Part 1 - Body Strength

Enjoy:)

Its all balls, end of.

Football is obsesses with stats.

Which sport is not?

I watched this yesterday on sky anytime. Personally i cant stand Cristiano Ronaldo but I will admit he is one hell of an athlete and the programme was very enjoyable for any football fan.

Scoring those goals in pitch black and the tracking of his eyes when in possession of the ball, good watch

He is physically the perfect footballer for his position and one hell of an athlete

Wish he was back the Premiership...playing for Arsenal :D

Or if only Rick Parry took his head out of his a*** and signed him

Didnt he say he may return one day?

Or if only Rick Parry took his head out of his a*** and signed him

Didnt he say he may return one day?

Only to the mighty Man United :thumbsup:

Guy is a definition of an athelete through and through, if you ignore his fashion sense that is :p

Personally I thought the programme was a marketing gimmick and uninteresting. However, that doesn't change my belief that Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player I've ever seen.

Arora said:
Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player I've ever seen
Really? Do you mean 'in the flesh' or just generally? Either way what makes you say that out of interest?

Don't get me wrong he's a mighty fine player but not even the best of his generation methinks let alone 'ever'

ronaldo did it in the prem now in spain best player in my eyes
jermaine jenas comes close tho..

Coffin said:
Really? Do you mean 'in the flesh' or just generally? Either way what makes you say that out of interest?

Don't get me wrong he's a mighty fine player but not even the best of his generation methinks let alone 'ever'

Both, even when he was at Man Utd I got excited every time he had the ball, no other player has made me do that. He does things in a match that a freestyler can't do as quick. You can't really fault anything about his game, bar perhaps his free kick record (which was pretty crap last season). People say that he dives but they fail to acknowledge that Iniesta and co go down at the slightest touch too. Him failing to track back is a myth, you won't find a player that plays as high up as him that tracks back more with the exception of Rooney and Torres pre-Chelsea. I honestly believe that a good percentage of people that say he isn't the best in the world say that because they don't like him as a person.

He is easily the best player I've seen, but he won't have a career as good as Xavi's in terms of trophies. He is/will however, break goal scoring records and win awards for fun.

What was that goal he scored where he ran like thunder into the box while someone was taking a corner and scored with a header? Beastly! :cool:

Here's another stat:

'Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 111 goals in 109 games in the league and Champions League since joining Madrid'

Considering Real probably recouped over 50% of his transfer fee and wages on shirt sales alone, ÂŁ80m looks a relative 'bargain'

Yeah, as good as his stats are, and they are mighty impressive, he has yet to win a league title or CL title with Madrid.

So it does show that sometimes someones marketing value is probably more important to a club than what they do on the pitch? Becks is probably another good example, if not better.

Yeah, with the big stars the marketing is a huge part of it. If you can get the fee back on just merch alone that's amazing. None the less, won't be as good a 'team' as Barca

Heroik said:
What was that goal he scored where he ran like thunder into the box while someone was taking a corner and scored with a header? Beastly! :cool:

This one? (sorry for poor quality)

MrHicks82 said:
Yeah, with the big stars the marketing is a huge part of it. If you can get the fee back on just merch alone that's amazing. None the less, won't be as good a 'team' as Barca

At the minute they're a much better "team" than Barca.

10 points better actually.

Adapting to play against every style of team, grinding out results...That's what wins leagues. If Xavi or other crucial midfielders are injured and you see Messi missing his partners then Barca (the whole "team") struggle and draw the match. Simple.

Stronger squad than Barcelona certainly and injuries and complacency have hurt Barcelona this season. With La Liga almost a certainty for Real Madrid, they can now concentrate on Champion's League now. Although I still believe that Best 11 vs 11 is a Barcelona victory.

Real Madrid are the only credible contenders to Barcelona for the Champions League. None of the other teams left are anywhere near those teams in terms of quality.

Still would take Messi every time over Ronaldo.

gosties said:
Stronger squad than Barcelona certainly and injuries and complacency have hurt Barcelona this season. With La Liga almost a certainty for Real Madrid, they can now concentrate on Champion's League now. Although I still believe that Best 11 vs 11 is a Barcelona victory.

Real Madrid are the only credible contenders to Barcelona for the Champions League. None of the other teams left are anywhere near those teams in terms of quality.

Still would take Messi every time over Ronaldo.

I hate Barca but they are the best team in the world by quite a bit :(

They play amazing football but still need to dive, cheat and harass the ref any chance they get.

Real are getting closer and were unlucky not to have won the last time they played.

If Ronaldo & Messi swapped clubs, how would Messi fare?

I reckon Heskey would be top scorer in the Spanish league if he had Xavi & Ineista laying iron a plate for him.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom