1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat finder inline???

Discussion in 'Freesat' started by steviebloke, Mar 8, 2010.

1. steviebloke

steviebloke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've managed to get my missing channels at last, the only thing is that when I take the satfinder out of line I loose them again. The only way to keep them is to have the meter inline in the house. What is causing this and is it ok to keep it inline, the other thing is that when I get around to running the 2nd cable to 2nd tuner i'm probably going to have the same problem with that one. Any ideas????

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1196850-freesat-channels-missing.html#post11637671
  2. MartinPickering

MartinPickering Active Member

Ratings:
    +451
    This used to be a common problem with Sky Panasonic Digiboxes which had a fault in the LNB control circuit. It may be that you have a faulty receiver (unknown make/model) or faulty LNB or a cable/connection fault.

More details required.
  3. steviebloke

steviebloke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This the problem that I had before fine tuning with meter,and finding that I only get all the channels with sat finder left in line....

From previous thread:-

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1196850-freesat-channels-missing.html#post11637671

I have just installed a Humax foxsat HDR, I used an old dish that I haven't used for a good many years with a new quad LNB. After a bit of trouble finding the satellite I got a signal. I tuned in all the freesat channels and the non freesat channels ok. After looking through them all I found some are not working, they come up as saying bad or no signal On the Freesat tuning window the signal is 100% strength and 80% quality dropping to 70% at night.

The channels that are not working are :-

135 CBS Drama
    203 Al jazerra English
    208 Bloomerg Tv
    209 NHK World Tv
    302 True Movies
    303 True Movies 2
    403 Rural Tv
    500 Chart Show Tv
    501 The Vault
    502 Flava
    603 POP
    604 POP Girl
    605 Tiny Pop
    606 Kix
    692 Genisis
    801 Price drop tv
    814 Speed Auction Tv
    815 Jewellery Channel

There are also some non freesat channels that come up all frozen..

I now have all these channels with very good signal with meter in line....

Kind Regards Steve
  4. MartinPickering

Ratings:
    +451
    It may be that you have a faulty Foxsat receiver, faulty LNB or a cable/connection fault.
  5. steviebloke

steviebloke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    From that last reply then it could be anything!!!!!!!....I'm sorry but I could have worked that one out.:confused::confused:
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,066
    All the channels listed are low band verticals from Eurobird 1 at 28.5E, could be Skew needs adjusting and the meter is attenuating the low band horizontal transmissions to allow the tuner to lock on and/or the dish needs a tiny shift eastwards. A duff lnb is not likely as you can get the low band verticals from 28.2E. Try tweaking the dish without the meter with the hdr manually tuned to 11343 V
  7. MartinPickering

Ratings:
    +451
    Graham's suggestion is a good one but my money is on the cable.
  8. steviebloke

steviebloke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thankyou very much for that guys. The cable from the LNB through the wall is a bit old (about 6 Ft) and joined to my new cable just inside as it comes into the house. I do intend to do a complete new run of cable from dish to receiver when I get around to it. I'll do the cable first see if it makes any difference, if not I will have a bit of a fiddle with the skew of the dish. Thanks again I will keep you posted....