Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saphire Screen - Wire to X10 Controller

Discussion in 'Projector Screens' started by tilezzzzz, Dec 7, 2012.

1. tilezzzzz

tilezzzzz Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hey guys,

I really need some help please!

I have a Saphire electric projector screen which I have had for a few years and used to have it wired to an X10 controller wall switch. I did not use it for a while (as I painted a screen onto the wall) and so got rid of the X10 wall switch.

I have decided to wire it back up in a new location with the exact same model X10 controller wall switch, however I have absolutely no idea how to! I'm having no luck guessing! :( (I'm hoping I haven't fried the motor in my testing!)

Basically the screen has 4 colored wires coming from it. The X10 Box has 4 connections (L, N, Up and Down).

I also have 3 wires coming from a plug (L, N, E)

I have attached some photos to illustrate. Please can someone help me work out which colored wires need to go where on the X10 switch. (I know it can work as I used to have this exact setup in the past)

Projector Screen Wires:
    [​IMG]

X10 Wall Switch
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. tilezzzzz

tilezzzzz Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

I have worked out the wiring.

In case this is useful to anyone else....

Blue from screen to Neutral on switch and Neutral from plug
    Green/Yellow - To Earth (using junction box earth terminal)
    Red - Up/down
    Yellow - Up/down

So the screen is moving now. :)

The only issue I have now is that the X10 controller seems to constantly be sending the 'down' command as soon as you turn it on. Not sure why, have tried different house codes and switching off everything in the house so dont think its an interference issue.

Any ideas welcome!