1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sanyo vs LG

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nightdevil911, May 25, 2006.

?

Which to buy

1. LG PX5D

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Panasonic 42PW8

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. nightdevil911

nightdevil911 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, i was asking at the store for 42' plasmas that would fit my budget and here is what i found no other options!
    1-LG PX5
    or
    2-SANYO PDP-42SX1(which has a screen that i really liked btw but not very much different than the LG's)

Both are of the same price....and im really confused here,btw the sanyo is made in japan, LG is made in korea. So what do u think....? :lease:
  2. hazley

hazley Guest

Ratings:
    +0

for the love off god m8 get the LG,sanyo in my eyes is a bad and cheap make

people on this will tell u:smashin:
  3. nightdevil911

nightdevil911 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    thnx for ur reply man, but should i still get the LG even if its of lower rosolution?? plus the sanyo doesnt look cheap at all, it is even newer it was manifactured this year but the LG was 2005 i think?? so final decision :D ?
  4. nightdevil911

nightdevil911 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  5. Bacus

Bacus Active Member

Ratings:
    +371
    SIMPLE.....Get the LG
  6. hazley

hazley Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    DAMN RITE LOL:clap:
  7. hornydragon

hornydragon Member

Ratings:
    +1,411
    The Sanyo is a rebaged Samsung...............
  8. nottmsteve

nottmsteve Member

Ratings:
    +4
    LG for me !
  9. robin78

robin78 Member

Ratings:
    +54
    The LG lower resolution? The LG has 1024*768 the Sanyo 852*480,
    The LG has two build in tuners the Sanyo one,
    The LG has a better PQ
  10. kjt2004

kjt2004 Member

Ratings:
    +181
    So

Have you decided yet?

Just what is your budget ?
  11. nightdevil911

nightdevil911 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    OHHH i guess im really really really mistaken coz i thought i read somewhere higher rosolution but i guess my eyes fooled me so the LG has higher ros. but here are the news:

I got a new offer from the store for a panasonic 42PW8 with the same price i havnt checked its specs yet, but i still need ur opinion :rolleyes:
  12. hornydragon

hornydragon Member

Ratings:
    +1,411
    LOWER RES but IMO better picture! THE BEST SD PLASMA you can BUY
  13. nightdevil911

nightdevil911 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Really, is it that good??so can u plz explain why is the panasonic better in all details if u can :lesson: i have a burden that i want to get rid of, which is which plasma to choose :suicide: thnx for helping btw, yea and i want to note that sometimes its really hard to find some of these models online and does this mean its even better than the LG PX5??
  14. nightdevil911

nightdevil911 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Another quick question, should i wait or i mean wait till i save up enough money(which is not soon :D) to get one of the plasma that have a Hard drive in it or maybe there is a new generation coming that would make all of these plasmas vanish??
  15. kjt2004

kjt2004 Member

Ratings:
    +181
    Dont fall into the trap of waitng for something better to come along , yes there will be , but then whan that comes out there will be something newer than that model just around the corner.

Its how the manufacturers keep us coming back for more

And if that was the case none of us here would have bitten the bullet an spent our hard earned cash:D

Just decide on the minimum requirements you must have, ie resolution, connectivety(ie scarts HDMI etc), Panel or TV type , stand or wall mount etc

Then get a demo only your eyes will decide the best one for you.

And try to get a demo in a descent shop , currys etc dont do all the plasmas justice and feed some with better feeds than others a case in point for LG.

But i got a demo at a local shop with a digital feed which swung it for me

Regards
  16. nightdevil911

nightdevil911 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    yea i guess ur right but the hard drive stuff are really appealing :D but i guess id go with the panasonic althought its less than the resolution i wanted but i quote from hornydragon that it has a much better picture quality, so....panasonic it is...i guess :s
  17. hornydragon

hornydragon Member

Ratings:
    +1,411
    built in harddrive recorder are vey ilmiting so i wouldnt prioritse that.

PWD8 is stunning it can look better with HD than many simialr price HD sets it has deep lush blacks and very accurate colour (once set up) PWD8 is £999 to fourm mebers deliverd. It a plain panel so not tuner and no fixed speakers (you can attach speakers if you want to) I sugest you have a search about the PWD8 and PHD8 (its HD brother £1599 to members) tehy both connect and work the same but PHD has 1024x768 res, see posts by "fortywinks" who has recently bought a PWD8
  18. nightdevil911

nightdevil911 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    GOOD NEWSSSS THE STORE IS GIVING ME FREE SPEAKERS!!!! but hornydragon u still didnt answer me ;) if u were in my place LG OR PANASONIC final opinion :rolleyes:
  19. hornydragon

hornydragon Member

Ratings:
    +1,411
    Panasonic (but thats what i have already)