Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sandstrom shdfsat12

Discussion in 'Satellite TV Forum' started by mariegriffiths, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Bennie10

Bennie10 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, the machine works on the panel buttons (which have limited functionality). That's why I have only mentioned the remote control.
  2. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,493
    They were rather drastic then.
  3. Bennie10

Bennie10 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Not really. We are talking new equipment and I doubt Currys carrry spare remotes. Anyway it seems there must be a fault common to the remote controls or Currys are passing on previous returns with the fault still existing??
  4. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,493
    Quite right. I hadn't heard of machines having to be exchanged because of a bad remote control though.
  5. smilerbaker

smilerbaker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I joined up just to say

Do not touch this box with a barge pole!!!! its total junk, it takes the unit 3 seconds to register you have pushed a button, so you're never sure if its taken it or not, really, its not funny, its totally unusable

I tried an all in one remote just to check if the original remote was broken but its the same result

sandstroms customer support does not exist!

really, I can't stress this enough, AVOID! £170 down the toilet
  6. xanadareous

xanadareous Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can I ask why does it matter if its not a "Freesat box" as many posts state? I mean, it will surely receive the channels wont it, they would not sell a box that wont work with Freesat would they? So what does it matter? I dont understand these comments thats all. Looking for a low cost freesat box for my bedroom, and came across this thread and wondered what this statement meant.
    Thanks
  7. kevkbuk

kevkbuk Active Member

Ratings:
    +572
    An official Freesat box will have 7 day epg with series linking, auto updating channels and red button services etc. Most generics only give now/next and you'll be managing channels yourself.

This receiver is not that cheap... Humax direct still have Foxsat HDR refurbished with one year warranty for £129, you won't it if you want an official Freesat receiver.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  8. xanadareous

xanadareous Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah right, that explains it then! I WANT those things so glad I asked. I actually have a Humax Foxsat in the lounge, it cost about £220 I think, so am familiar with it all, just did not want to spend that for the bedroom. Really hoping for < £100 but have no idea, probably second hand only on ebay.
    Thanks
  9. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,493
    The point is that Freesat is the name of a company that exists specifically and only to provide an EPG - and the extras that go with it - for those free satellite channels of which the broadcasters pay them to be included in it, and the EPG and its extras are therefore avaiable only on machines that the company authorises.
    Their web site gives full details and lists all the current machines: freesat - Subscription free Satellite TV.