Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung UExxD8000 Owners Thread *Part 7*

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Curly99, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aircub

aircub Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Yes!
  2. Indie55

Indie55 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. I bought my TV from JL on 31st December and asked the same question. They told me I can keep claiming if the price match keeps coming down.
  3. faheemrazzaq

faheemrazzaq Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Do Electrocentre offer free 5 year warranty? I think JL require this condition to price match.
  4. aircub

aircub Member

Ratings:
    +36
    New Tv's are usually announced at CES but may not appear in the UK for months afterwards. The 60" D8000 has only been out for a few months. Most manufacturers tweak their models throughout their lifetime and early sets do seem to have the most problems. Although some are hoping for large price drops after CES I don't see this happening. Indeed when New Models hit the shelves it just makes the older ranges look better value as the average shopper has no idea about new releases. If you go into places like Currys it is often difficult to even spot the model number!
  5. aircub

aircub Member

Ratings:
    +36
    No this is not a requirement and any premium for 5 Year warranty is not added to the price as JL include it FOC. If you want it delivered any delivery charge will be included.
  6. taz23

taz23 Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Well engineers have been out to check my replacement TV that I got from Samsung on Monday, it needs a new screen and a new main board. My 1st one had 2 screen replacements before this new one. I'm sick now. No luck with this TV :(
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  7. Astacus

Astacus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Originally Posted by Astacus
    Audio out

HAve just taken delivery of a new UE46D8000. Going back asap. Horrible high pitched whine that I can hear all the time, even with sound on. Like tinitus. Also, the left hand edge is physically distorted from straight! Runs perhaps 5mm+ out of true from top to bottom.

But, superb picture, nice SMART functions (berlin Philharmonic live, anyone?!), so I will be looking for a replacement by the same model.

One final irritation: audio out. No phono again, and not easy to pick up to drive a line level system. eventually resorted to using a 3.5mm to phono lead into the headphone socket - worked better than expected. On the plus side, the Samsung has independent volume settings for speakers (rubbish) and headphones (through decent amp, and decent speakers, sounding more than good enough). So, a cautious vote for the D8000, but I'm waiting to see if the replacement also has curvature!
  8. taz23

taz23 Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Why not use the optical out for Audio Out or the ARC HDMI socket?
  9. Astacus

Astacus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can only use analogue audio input. I have yet to embrace a full digital sound system (I have a house-wide sonos system and am listening through the line-in). I thought the ARC HDMI was digital, and of course the optical certainly is.

In either instance, I'd have to add a D/A converter as another box behind the TV. Too much hassle. I have also tried SCART phone out before now, with little joy. I guess the analogue world is now seen as 'past it'! Thanks
  10. faheemrazzaq

faheemrazzaq Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Does the touch remote come free with 55" D8000? Any real benefits of it apart from QWERTY keyboard?
  11. aircub

aircub Member

Ratings:
    +36
    No not in the UK. For text entry I use the free Iphone app. I believe there is similar for Android phones.
  12. taz23

taz23 Member

Ratings:
    +48
    iPhone's Tifi Remote app also does it & obviously you can get apps for the Samsung Galaxy.
    The remotes used to be free a few months back, the people who got them slated them as you have to charge it everyday more of a hassle then a convenience.
  13. ozsat

ozsat Member

Ratings:
    +63
    The touch remote does let me control the: tv, amp, SkyHD, TiVo, BluRay and DAB tuner, all on the one remote.

While the tv is on you can also watch tv on the remote and it doesn't have to be the same input as the tv is showing.

It is very nice - except for the price
  14. fitze73

fitze73 Member

Ratings:
    +91
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  15. Hochrindl

Hochrindl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To Happeemonkee and Marc

I did manage to get a UE60D8000 from JL at the special price of £1349. I still can't quite believe it but it's sitting in my lounge.

I spotted the price online early on the 17th December as I was actually watching out for a price cut on the 55 model. When I saw the 60 inch price I rang them up and asked them to confirm the price - which they did. I pointed out that it seemed a bargain and the CS operator agreed - so it seemed churlish not to buy one there and then over the phone. My wife didn't believe me so an hour later I went online to show her.....and the page was GONE!

Anyway, four days later it turned up with all the customary JL service excellence.

When JL published their sales figures last week they said sales were up but profit margins were squeezed - I guess that's down to my new telly !

Now you might call me greedy - but how long will I have to wait for my £200 cash back?
  16. faheemrazzaq

faheemrazzaq Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Is JL doing cashback or Samsung and is this deal still available or valid for purchases during a past period?
  17. sparkie1984

sparkie1984 Active Member

Ratings:
    +787
    £1349 for the 60" !!!!!!!!!!

wowzers :D
  18. fitze73

fitze73 Member

Ratings:
    +91
    wowzers wasnt the word i was thinking of
  19. Ceathan

Ceathan Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I saw that price and just thought there is no way they will sell it at that so I didnt bother calling :suicide:
    WELL DONE GREAT RESULT:clap:
  20. aircub

aircub Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Samsung were doing cashback from 1st November. It finished on the 24th December, the same as last year. So at the moment the D8000 range is more expensive than before Christmas again the same as last year!
  21. BenchyUK

BenchyUK Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,323
    Robert Whyte are doing 1 years 0% deal on screens over £1k. I really want the 55d8000 but £1800 seems way overpriced for how old it is now. Surely it will price drop this week with CES.
  22. aircub

aircub Member

Ratings:
    +36
    The tv's shown at CES will not be on the shelves for months so why will prices fall this week?
  23. rapid64k

rapid64k Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,
    i have been reading this thread from day one thanks for all the good information posted here.
    I have brought an 46 D8000 seems ok so far. I have connected it to my wi-fi streaming works fine so far and have downloaded the Samsung apps for my Galaxay S II works like a treat.

Only thing is does anyone know what the meter icon is on the bottom right hand side of the screen when you press the information key on the remote?
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  24. fitze73

fitze73 Member

Ratings:
    +91
    wireless or battery signal for a guess
  25. ozsat

ozsat Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Does it not show how much power your tv is using?
  26. taz23

taz23 Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Yer it shows how much power the TV is using compared to a conventional TV.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  27. Thug

Thug Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,083
    Like mine, its 5mm out but the right hand side is perfect.
    I have the engineer coming out on Monday to take a look as i also have a lot of clouding on that side too.

[​IMG]
  28. Pumauk

Pumauk Member

Ratings:
    +12
    The cash back offer didn't end on the 24th Dec....? On the terms and conditions it says can claim up to the 31st Jan?

Now on my 3rd TV, first one had lots of clouding down middle right of screen, 2nd horrific amount of banding and a gap in bezel where you could see the LEDs shining through, 3rd less but still visible LEDs shining through and lots of flash lighting.

Unsure what to do now, if I ask John Lewis for another replacement they're going to think I'm mental- and it's looking like they are all like this, so perhaps it's time to try and get a refund?
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  29. Hochrindl

Hochrindl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the purchase had to be before 24th Dec and a valid claim recieved by 31st Jan.
  30. Astacus

Astacus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, that's just like mine. Impressive engineer's straight-edge there :) but the point is still well made. There is definitie clouding at the left hand side, and I do wonder if this is related to edge distortion.

I'll be interested in what the engineer says.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.