Samsung UExxD8000 Owners Thread *Part 7*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Taz23 states, the screen & bezel come as a complete item.

Yeah I know what your saying I'm just saying that's what I think he means

As "he", I concur. They actually said the chrome remote does not come with the TV and as mine is a 46D8000 etc etc, although you could extrapolate this to mean it doesn't come with any of the models, but they wouldn't say that would they...

I posted a picture of light bleed with my 3rd tv last week - would you guys seek another replacement for this?

I spoke to JL yesterday who have advised they don't really want to replace it again as any replacement will likely be the same... but surely this isn't right - it's the bezel not actually fitting the screen properly! Poor QC!

They have offered for me to choose an alternative but JL don't sell any that I would be interested in (the only one's would be a PS64D8000 or Sony HX923, both of which they don't stock)... should I just go back to them and request my 4th replacement?? :-(

I'm pretty certain that ALL UE55D8000's suffer from bleeding, clouding and flashlighting, so sceptical myself that a another replacement will resolve these issues, but as it stands my current tv surely cannot be put together correctly if I can see the led strips through the edge of the bezel!

Many people outputting sound from the optical on the back to their AVR?

I have mine running from the tv to my Onkyo 607. So I can get tv sound on the AVR, aswell as ps3 and xbox which are connected directly to TV in order to be able to support 3d (onkyo 607 is a 1.3 device)

While I'm not sure it matters, I no longer get the dolby digital icons on the AVR when the xbox etc is turned on. The TV has options for the audio output of PCM or digital (think it was digital - not near TV at moment to check), but digital is always greyed out/unselectable. Can anyone change theirs to digital instead of PCM or whatever it is in their options?

PCthug said:
I am not so sure.
My original TV was warped along its height as shown in this photo...

Would a new screen and bezel have pulled the back straight and back into place as its perfectly flat now?
Surely the bezel and screen would have just molded itself to fit the back panel.
Its still got my sticker on the back (showing version and serial number), but i guess that could have been removed and replaced possibly.

The back is the most flimsy metal when it's off mine was bending all over the place when they took it off so it should be your back cover as its so thin & playable.

Pumauk said:
I posted a picture of light bleed with my 3rd tv last week - would you guys seek another replacement for this?

I spoke to JL yesterday who have advised they don't really want to replace it again as any replacement will likely be the same... but surely this isn't right - it's the bezel not actually fitting the screen properly! Poor QC!

They have offered for me to choose an alternative but JL don't sell any that I would be interested in (the only one's would be a PS64D8000 or Sony HX923, both of which they don't stock)... should I just go back to them and request my 4th replacement?? :-(

I'm pretty certain that ALL UE55D8000's suffer from bleeding, clouding and flashlighting, so sceptical myself that a another replacement will resolve these issues, but as it stands my current tv surely cannot be put together correctly if I can see the led strips through the edge of the bezel!

Get a refund like me & get a Sony 55 923. I've ha numerous problems, had repairs & a replacement so now I'm awaiting a refund from Samsung, shocking QC, how can they not spot bright white light coming from between the bezel & screen. SHOCKING.

Hello all! new tv geek from norway here:)

Im on my 2'nd ue55d8005 and still not happy..

My first one had alot of clouding and with Norway having long winters, watching the tv in the dark is a nightmare with all the grey bubbles in the corners and on the edges..

Still i realy love the design of the samsung and noone of the other brands have anything thats nearly as nice looking..

Im realy tired of swapping it out and with the "screen lottery" mentioned here severeal times, well im just not that much of a gambler hehe..

Anyways im looking at the ue55d6750 (ue55d6757 here in Norway) since the panel is the same as 7/8000 modell and 3D is not that important to me. Does anyone have any experiance comparing these 2? Is the panel as bad on the 67xx modell? Ive heard that it should be alot less since the panel is abit thicker.. and reading the 67xx thread i havent found any comments about clouding..

Any advice will be apreciated! And sorry for my bad english as it is not my native language =)

rob2278 said:
They too have their problems:rolleyes:

Yer I know but they don't seem to have as many as Samsungs D7000/8000

Yer I know but they don't seem to have as many as Samsungs D7000/8000

I guess it comes down to luck whether you get a good one from any manufacturer these days:rolleyes:

rob2278 said:
I guess it comes down to luck whether you get a good one from any manufacturer these days:rolleyes:

Yer it's a sad state off affairs at the minute.

Yer it's a sad state off affairs at the minute.

Agreed. I'll certainly be replacing my D8000 this year.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with your Sony. I've always been a bit of a Sony fanboy but the 2011 sets just didn't seem that good to me :(

Has the D series caused the most controversy out of all of the Samsung series?

I posted on the D7000 thread as well, but wondered if anyone with the D8000 had experienced similar problems.

I was watching football last night and the HD picture was great as was the motion most of the time. Every minute or so, I'd get this slow motion type of effect before it went back to normal. I tried using the motion controls, but they made it worse and then experimented with various sharpness settings which made no difference.

I then tried some other content and did not notice it on any of them apart from an HD tv episode that I had recorded on my Virgin TiVo. The effect here made it unwatchably bad, but other episodes of the same show were fine!

rob2278 said:
Looking good mate:smashin:

Oh, it;s the start of Cloverfield btw!

You need to set you tv up: hd should not look that

Last edited:
Hmmm, there's seriously no alternative to the UE55D8000 - why can't I just get one that isn't put together by monkeys?!

The HX923 is too expensive and has it's own issues, the D8000 plasma is 51" - too small or 64" - too big/expensive.

Has the D series caused the most controversy out of all of the Samsung series?

I think so, and it stands to reason. The D Series is the nicest looking TV ever made in my opinion and I am sure a lot of others will agree. This will have brought a lot of buyers over from Sony and Panasonic, people who may previously have viewed Samsung as a budget brand but have now been convinced by the style, features (and high price!) of these new sets.

Paying premium prices will mean that they expect a premium product, which this undoubtedly can be, but the QC is terrible. I bought a B7000 back in 2009 and went through 3 sets before finding a decent one.

I have now got a D7000 and generally the picture is great, but I do have some of the issues mentioned on this thread. I am not going to keep returning it because all of the issues that I have are sufficiently minor that I am worried I would end up with a worse set overall. I am not advocating this as the correct approach, because really we should all return them until we get perfect ones, but I don't have the time or the inclination to keep taking a 55" set down from the wall!

My problem is that I want to keep this model of TV as I cannot accommodate a hulking great Panasonic plasma and they have their own issues anyway.

It is just a shame that the same QC issues remain as Samsung enter their fourth year of LED/LCD production.

daveb975 said:
I think so, and it stands to reason. The D Series is the nicest looking TV ever made in my opinion and I am sure a lot of others will agree. This will have brought a lot of buyers over from Sony and Panasonic, people who may previously have viewed Samsung as a budget brand but have now been convinced by the style, features (and high price!) of these new sets.

Paying premium prices will mean that they expect a premium product, which this undoubtedly can be, but the QC is terrible. I bought a B7000 back in 2009 and went through 3 sets before finding a decent one.

I have now got a D7000 and generally the picture is great, but I do have some of the issues mentioned on this thread. I am not going to keep returning it because all of the issues that I have are sufficiently minor that I am worried I would end up with a worse set overall. I am not advocating this as the correct approach, because really we should all return them until we get perfect ones, but I don't have the time or the inclination to keep taking a 55" set down from the wall!

My problem is that I want to keep this model of TV as I cannot accommodate a hulking great Panasonic plasma and they have their own issues anyway.

It is just a shame that the same QC issues remain as Samsung enter their fourth year of LED/LCD production.

No point having a good looking TV with a rubbish picture, I would rather have a ordinary looking TV with a good picture, it's true Samsung biggest downfall is QC, if they can't spot something obvious like light leaking from between the bezel & the screen there's no chance they will spot the rest of the common faults. I've had 4 55D8000 & have now given up & I'm getting a refund

All these repairs and refunds must be hurting Samsungs profits!! Maybe they will learn from it or stop selling tvs in the UK. But if we are having problems with these tvs then the whole world is having problems.

saguk1234 said:
All these repairs and refunds must be hurting Samsungs profits!! Maybe they will learn from it or stop selling tvs in the UK. But if we are having problems with these tvs then the whole world is having problems.

Not really as the US version has technology called micro dimming plus that helps gets rid of clouding & flash lighting etc. The US model is much better than ours. Can't see why Samsung didn't put the same tech in all the TV's. Mine has shocking clouding, flash lighting, banding, DSE & etc etc

Last edited:
Not really as the US version has technology called micro dimming plus that helps gets rid of clouding & flash lighting etc. The US model is much better than ours. Can't see why Samsung didn't put the same tech in all the TV's. Mine has shocking clouding, flash lighting, banding, DSE & etc etc

Well the Norwegian models also have micro dimming and we also have ALOT of clouding, bleeding and banding problems!

superglenn said:
Well the Norwegian models also have micro dimming and we also have ALOT of clouding, bleeding and banding problems!

Is it Micro Dimming Plus though.

Can't see that micro dimming plus would alleviate issues such as clouding, bleed & banding personally. My new panel doesn't suffer from them, and my set doesn't have the "plus" feature, or does it...............

Iain Craig said:
Samsung were pretty straight forward with me getting repairs etc, they then told me I wouldnt be getting a tv replacement due to it being the same on all their models of this tv, I then contacted simply electricals and finally after pushing and pushing got a replacement due to samsung giving in to my terrorist demands, It just seems that no matter how many replacements I get its going to be the same, the people on here who claim to have no problem probably just dont see the problem :thumbsdow

Its not that we 'don't see the problem', it's more that the problem concerns some more than others. On my 55D7000 for example , I definitely have light bleed in the bottom 2 corners when the tv is first switched on but after 10 mins or so it almost completely disappears. There is almost certainly a touch of clouding in the top right corner too. However, for me, under what I deem 'casual' viewing the picture is simply outstanding and these defects just don't bother me.

Please don't flame me for not sympathising with everyone here who has an issue. Everyone is different. Maybe my set is one of the better ones. I actually really admire you guys who go through the pain of having 2 or 3 sets replaced. I'm an inherently lazy sod so for me, as long as my overall viewing experience isn't routinely impaired I'll just roll with it!

I must say though what really does pee me off though with this set is gaming. Lag is a real issue and for me the quality of the game mode is not good. I was really hoping for better but I'm not a massive console gamer so I can ignore this. If I was though the tv would have gone back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom