1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung UExxD5000 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Bobby Davros, Aug 13, 2011.

1. dannyufc

dannyufc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the UE32D5000 a few days ago, very happy with it so far but one little quirk is annoying me. I'm playing xbox on it through component leads (it's an old xbox) and every couple of hours or so, the TV will blank out for a sec and then the screen will come bk on, like it had just turned over to the component source, any ideas with this? I have not changed any of the settings on the TV since I got it.
  2. djase

djase New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it's blinking i guess..............
  3. dannyufc

dannyufc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ha maybe that's it! seriously though, any idea?
  4. djase

djase New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. dannyufc

dannyufc Member

Ratings:
    +0
  6. djase

djase New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nobody for settings ps3/xbox360 ue40d5000 ?
    cheers
  7. dannyufc

dannyufc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure this question fits in this thread but I have never owned a Sumsung TV before and if i breaks who do I contact, Samsung or the retailer I bought it off? Thanks .
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  8. JayCee

JayCee Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,539
    Your contract is with the retailer you buy it from and that's who you contact if it goes wrong.
    That holds true no matter what make of Tv.
  9. dannyufc

dannyufc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that :thumbsup:
  10. djase

djase New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ue40d5000 sucks !
    a lot of blurring and smearing with xbox360 and ps3
  11. vali23ro

vali23ro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it really confusing, some say this TV doesn't have any issue with motion blur , some say it does. too bad nobody posts videos to prove any version of the story
  12. CostasC

CostasC Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Got our 32" D5000 last Fri from PCWorld for £299.00. Have to say we're really impressed. And not a bad looker either. Haven't tried out any of the more advanced features yet, but having to print off a 190p. manual to find out if it has any is a bit of a pain. Guess that's how they keep costs down these days.

Update: Found a way within the printer driver to put 8 pages on just 1 (4 each side - we have duplex printing), and still perfectly legible. And only printing the relevant sections brings it down to just 14 pages. Not so bad now.

Additional: It makes a lot of economic sense to buy a decent el cheapo now as a stop-gap measure until OLED's become affordable (ie sub £1k for a 37 - 40"). Maybe as little as 2-3 yrs?
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  13. mufc4eva

mufc4eva Member

Ratings:
    +88
    I bought a 32D5000 back in August to use as a monitor for my PC but I've moved my PC over to my main TV so I'm now using this one with my 360.

Just wondered if anyone has some recommended settings?
  14. Biggervell

Biggervell Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hi everyone, i got the UE40D5004 and connected a usb to the tv but doesnt seem to have the option to play movies. And i tried the ways of upgrading the tv but no joy. Any help will be appreciated.
  15. sandderr

sandderr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so guys I have my eye on this TV and i'd like to buy it asap, the 32" version.
    I will use it primarily for PS3/Xbox360 and for my Laptop to play movies on it, all HDMI.
    How does it handle the gaming? some say good, others say its blurry. I've also read that the TV is only 50Hz, but that it uses upscaling of some sort which makes it say its 100Hz but its actually not. Can anyone tell me something about that? Thanks!
  16. mufc4eva

mufc4eva Member

Ratings:
    +88
    I have one of these (32") for my 360 and no problems with it whatsoever.

Also use it to connect my laptop which is crystal clear.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. sandderr

sandderr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how do you experience lag? or is it pretty much instant?
  18. Zed_X

Zed_X Member

Ratings:
    +10
    according to AVF's review the Samsung D5000 does suffer from motion blur, everything is sujective though, so it may or may not bother you.

link:
    Samsung D5000 (UE-32D5000) LED LCD TV Review | AVForums.com
  19. Maphis

Maphis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've found it to be quite variable, sometimes there's no motion blur at all but at others its -really- noticable. My set in particular really blurs reds a ton. Don't regret the purchase as I think the quick response time and perfect pixel mapping make up for it (mostly)
  20. CostasC

CostasC Member

Ratings:
    +1
    and

We've had ours for 3 weeks now, & I've been looking out for this reported image drag. I've seen no evidence of it to date, so if it exists, it must be during exceptionally fast-moving pans or objects. Or is it due to the fact that we've only got SD at the moment? No matter, we're getting HD this Fri from VM, so if there is any deterioration in performance, I'll report it here. But otherwise, if it happens once in a blue moon, is it really gonna bother you that much? If you are an absolute purist, then you only have to wait another 3-4 years for an affordable OLED, which should have a near-instant response rate.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  21. loopdemack

loopdemack Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Interesting to see but seems no one reported that 32d5000 doesn't have the perfect 1:1 pixel mapping, I will show on the pictures that horizontal pixel grid is not aligned as on the Samsung LCD devices that were aligned perfectly.

Every setting is made in the PC mode connected to the HDMI/DVI port 1, its tried with the Intel/Nvidia HDMI output on the sandy bridge hd 3000/Nvidia 540m, also it was tried on the pure Nvidia gt7500, also it was tried on the AtiHD4400
    And the results were these:
    [​IMG]

The question would be, were there any service menu option which could shift H-pixel alignment for one or a half of a H-line to align the grid to 1:1 pixelmapping, because the current situation isn't satisfying.

Here is the picture of the aligned 1:1 grid on the other Samsung LCD
    [​IMG]

Edit:
    I'm calling all xxd5000 owners/users which have Digital Camera to set the PC mode(labeling the device input to the PC) on the HDMI port 1, of course for ATI owners take a look at overscan settings its on by the default.

Please disable cleartype fonts and font shadowing
    You can use this tool to disable both function on Windows systems:
    http://karpolan.com/software/cleartype-switch/cleartype-switch.exe

Place your camera at very close position, set the macro mode, set the ISO settings according the room lighting and value of your contrast from your panel, and take a raw picture.

Lets look at the pictures.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  22. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I recently got a UE32D5000 and am very happy with it.

I have our home PC (via VGA connector), Freesat receiver (HDMI) and Bluray player (HDMI) connected to it.

All work fine but one niggle:

When we have been using the PC and then shut down the Samsung TV switches itself into standby which sounds fine but this happens very quickly - almost too quick to select another input on the TV before it turns off !

Is there any way to adjust how long the TV will sit without a signal from the PC before turning off ? 15 seconds rather than 5 seconds would be good

Alternatively is it possible to set the TV to revert to HDMI1 input rather than go to standby when the PC vga signal switches off ?
  23. ojste

ojste Member

Ratings:
    +0
    am i right in thinking the d5000 series can play .mkv files both off a usb stick and through its network features?

also is the tv ready to connect to my network through wifi straight out of the box or do i need to buy extra stuff for it?
  24. kloon

kloon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone here who know the difference between MST & MSV?

Firmware versions:
    MST4DEUC-1026.0
    MSV4DEUC-1008.0
  25. Achillus

Achillus Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I just want to know are there many differences between the d5000 sets, there is more lag on the new 40d5000 which i traded in for a defect 40d5000.
  26. loopdemack

loopdemack Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Ok we got reports from the e5000 users there is no 1:1 pixel position also.

[​IMG]

You can see that characters pixel position is on the half pixel instead on the full pixel, which means that horizontal line (px1 size) is positioned on the two half pixel and on the grid space, which is not the 1:1 pixel mapping.

Also the question is why Samsung abandoned 1:1, why this idiocity.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  27. jonydg

jonydg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got the 32" model for a week or so now cant complain, does anyone have any calibrated settings for this as a pc monitor via hdmi 1 labelled pc ?

thanks for any info
  28. loopdemack

loopdemack Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Ok its confirmed, for the D and E series, models with 1:1 were D6000 and up in the series, models below in the series like D5000, D550 and below doesn't have the 1:1.
  29. devilstrike

devilstrike Member

Ratings:
    +25
    ******** d550 d5000 have 1:1 pixelmapping(aka screenfit) the problem is that some lcd panel are not 100% calibrated

I have here a 40" d5000 with a sharp panel and all is fine without problemes like shown above.

so no dubble pixel is used whene pixel mapping is on.
  30. loopdemack

loopdemack Member

Ratings:
    +2
    No sorry it cant go like that, I don't believe to words.
    Take a picture in macro or super macro mode. Lets see the subpixels.

As I said there is a slight chance that on the US market on the LN models there were some motherboards and panels for lower models that got the 1:1 (this is just maybe).
    I need the proof, I have pictures of more than eight d5000 models, four d550, one d6000 and one e5000.

I will repeat my words:

as I said screenfit is not the choice mode even if LCDTV has the 1:1 mapping, because its not in the PC mode as only in the PC mode we could produce the destination picture as close to the original on the source (the source is digital binary image of 1920x1080).

With models A, B, C the sharpness was disabled in the PC mode, beside all other image enhancement algorithms which were all disabled.
    On the idiotic D and E series Samsung decided to leave enabled sharpness even in PC mode, and believe me even on the value 50 its not disabled, you can see that in super macro photos on the subpixels with slight variations.

No, I'm not concerned about inputlag in non-PC modes, its all but about image production quality and the end effect on the image.

There are image algorithms that were used by the manufactures to raise the "quasi quality" which will cause the effect on the pixels and subpixels, which will lower the quality and the most important they will lower the readability.

As I shown on the pictures there is no difference in the screenfit mode on the different hdmi ports (port 2, port 3 ...) on the models without 1:1 like d5000 or d550.
    I shown the pictures and there is no 1:1, I gave the pictures and the proof, and now the only thing that would change the facts, were another proof pictures which could show us the 1:1.

Do you even understand what is shown on the pictures???

You would still believe to some site or to some small talk or even to yourself if you truly don't understand what 1:1 means in bits.

I will repeat myself again, there is slight chance that with some panels and some motherboards there is a slight chance that 1:1 is present,
    till the proof in the macro mode photography of "those" models with 1:1, we could safely conclude that there is no 1:1,
    because Samsung decided to shift H-pixels for the half pixel, instead of using original sub-pixel position, now we have situation that we would use two halfs of the sub-pixel and gridspace to get representation of single Horizontal subpixel.

[​IMG]

I don't know how to make it easier to understand I will try with above picture.

I would be happy if we could find some models of d550 or d5000 with pixelmapping, if there is one with picture as a proof, I would ask for the motherboard number and the panel model from the service menu.
    For the example:
    BN94-04897D is the motherboard for the model SAMSUNG UN40D5003BFXZA for the Samsung panel LD400BGC-C2
    BN94-04897B is the motherboard for the model SAMSUNG UN40D5003BFXZA for the Samsung panel LTJ400HM05-J

If there were models with 1:1, lets find is that AUO, Samsung, Chi Mei panel and which motherboard. Which firmware and so.
    Maybe then we could recompile on Samygo the firmware which could solve this problem.
    I doubt that because there is huge chance that its connected to the panel, or to motherboard itself.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012