1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung UE6530 55" resonating back panel

Discussion in 'TV Technology: Smart TV, 3D, Ultra HD, 4K' started by panaman, Dec 14, 2011.

1. panaman

panaman Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Recently purchased the above TV, but I have got an engineer coming out today to try and sort out the back panel.

The back is really tinny and rattly and vibrates/resonates on certain peoples voices. When I phoned Samsung the first thing they said is have you got the base up high, which I don't. I think though you should be able to have it high if you desire and not expect it to vibrate.

The back has even rattled when playing a blu ray through our home cinema which obviously doesn't even use the TVs sound.

It seems to be women's voices which are worse affected. It's coming from the right hand side where all the HDMI connections are. If I press against that area it stops. I think all it needs is the back taken off and some acoustic pads fitted in strategic places. If it wasn't under warranty I would do it myself as its only four screws and removal of the stand and the back would be off.

I wonder if anyone else's back is tinny/rattly? If I lightly tap the back of the case the whole things rattles like an old tin can :-(

The rest of the TV is simply stunning :)
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. panaman

panaman Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Sorted!
  3. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel Active Member

Ratings:
    +696
    Please help others out (who may search these forums looking for threads about a similar symptom) :

How did you fix this ?
  4. panaman

panaman Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Not so much as a fix, but a replacement by John Lewis.

Engineer came out, said the back was buckled and ordered a new one without question. The replacements back isn't exactly true, but there is no resonance this time. I think the metal they use for the back is so thin to keep down weight that it will always be susceptible to not being 100% true.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Ady1970

Ady1970 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to have the same resonance coming from my 40" one of these. Seems to nearly disappear when the back panel is pressed against. Curry's were less than helpfull when approached. Even Samsung suggested it may be the settngs i am using and/or a software issue. When i downloaded the latest firmware it did seem to stop the problem, but last night came back with a vengence. Think i will phone samsung again.
  6. panaman

panaman Member

Ratings:
    +14
    My replacement does the same, but to a lesser degree.

I am thinking of taking off the back panel and putting in some strategic foam blocks as I know that's all it's needs. The back really is such a lightweight piece of metal.
  7. Ady1970

Ady1970 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would be tempted to do the same. However i dont want to invalidate the warranty. It is such a shame about this problem as it is such a good telly otherwise.
  8. panaman

panaman Member

Ratings:
    +14
    It's only about 6screws and it lifts off. I would take out the blocks if I needed to make a claim.

As far as I can tell the seals do not have any seals on them.