1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung UE46D6750? Opinions welcome!

Discussion in 'TV Technology: Smart TV, 3D, Ultra HD, 4K' started by TokyoS, Jun 4, 2011.

1. TokyoS

TokyoS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After relentlessly trying to find the best deal and opinions on either the Samsung UE46D7000, or the 46D6530, I've just come across a D6750 model, which looks pretty similar to the D7000, visually and spec wise.
    Talk about throwing a spanner in the works!
    Has anybody had any experience of this set, as apart from Samsung website, I'm struggling to find anybody who sells it, or offers deals on it.

Cheers,
    S. :)
  2. Paully P

Paully P Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i am waiting for costco to get a 55" model of this tv in stock (should be next week). it will cost £1670, price includes a 5 year warranty. i am also having problems with reviews etc.
    is it a european or american version of the D6530? i've checked on the samsung website and there is no mention of a 55" screen.
  3. anil2

anil2 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    isnt the D6530 and D6750 the same but with a different stand?
  4. luqyno1

luqyno1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    checked the samsung website and is definately a uk model, but could only find mention of the 40 and 46" versions, not anything on the 55"version. dont really know what the difference is with this model, and am hard pressed to find any reviews. found one very short very poor video on youtube for the 40" model but thats about it.
  5. luqyno1

luqyno1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    have just bought the ue40d6750 so any questions just let me know, and ill try and take some pics, and make a video aswell
  6. TokyoS

TokyoS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers.

What's your opinions on it so far, I'd be interested to hear about it, as like you say, there's hardly any info on it.
    Is there really much difference between it and the more expensive D7000 model?
    I'm still really tempted to go with Samsung for my first 3d tv, but everytime I've tried them out in stores, I've come away feeling sick! (not a great result :( )
    I'm popping out to Currys again now with the missus, to try out the LG passive 3d tv's vs Samsung, and see how she feels.

S. :)
  7. jowie74

jowie74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought the UE40D6750 as well. We were going to buy the UE40D6530 but Richer Sounds didn't have any in stock. The 6750 was £200 more, but still came bundled with a 3D Blu-ray player and two pairs of 3D specs. The only aesthetic difference I can see is the "crows foot" stand. But I'm assuming the 3D is better on the 6750, because all the reviews of the 6530 say the 3D suffers from a lot of cross-talk, whereas my 6750's 3D picture is really good from what I can tell.

Does anyone else have any more data on the two TVs? Helpfully, when I try to compare both on Samsung's website, the results come back blank...
  8. palmman50k

palmman50k Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi.
    Does anyone know what the real differences, apart from FreeSat HD & 800Hz & metal frame, between the D6750 & the D8000 models?
    I'm keen on the 55" models, both in at Costco with 5yr warranty, but big price diff. (£1560 vs. £2400 inc. vat).
    I love the look of the D8000 model, but even ex. vat, that's £700 difference!
    Thanks.
  9. TokyoS

TokyoS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it has quite a few differences, from what I can see. Slightly different design, micro dimming etc.....
    Have you tried the 7000?
    I've just purchased one instead of the 6750, as I couldn't find hardly any info/reviews on it, or demo one anywhere.
    So far i'm really impressed with the 7000 and would definitely recommend it (if you can put up with the backlight bleed ;) )
    Cheaper than the 8000, with just about all of the same features, apart from the 'illuminating' Samsung logo on the front.

S.
  10. palmman50k

palmman50k Member

Ratings:
    +1
    @TokyoS Thanks for the reply.
    I thought 6750 had micro dimming and I can see the design diffs, but will have a look for the 7000...
  11. jowie74

jowie74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been told elsewhere that the D6750 has micro-dimming too.
  12. jowie74

jowie74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Me neither. Is it really new or something? The only reason I plumped for it was that we were after the D6530 but nobody had them in stock... Went into Richer Sounds and the D6750 was there staring at me, and it appeared to have all the features of the 6530 with the crows foot stand. And it was available to buy there and then. :D

The only light bleed I get from the 6750 is if I look at it from an angle of more than about 20 degrees, at which point a dim blue glow is visible from the far corner. When the screen is lit up with anything other than black, it's not noticable at all.

I really don't understand Samsung's model "matrix", it's so confusing! You'd assume that the higher up the numbers, the more features you get. That's true to a certain extent, but the higher ones (8 and 9 in particular) there isn't really much difference except aesthetics. I wouldn't have known that the "C/D" letter had anything to do with its age, either.

They should just have three ranges, with names like "pro" and "ultra" or whatever... Even they can't work out what all their TVs do! ;)
  13. bharrison

bharrison Member

Ratings:
    +0

I have done the exact same thing from Richer Sounds. No D6530 in stock so bought this one £200 more as i was sick of trying to find best deal.

I have checked up on this tv and it is a UK model but is limited at the moment to very few shops costco/richer sounds not sure who else.

From what I gather is the tv is exactly the same looking as the D6530 apart from the crow foot stand. It has the exact same spec as the D6530 but it has the auto dimming that the D7000 has. The only different the D7000 has is the 800HZ motion flow which I turn off completely anyway and freesat which I have sky for anyway. Personally I think this tv looks better than the D7000 as I dont like the see through edge and I prefer the black trim. D8000 by far best looking but I dont think it is worth the premium just for the looks as the D8000 is the same as the D7000 spec wise.

I have a few questions though. Does the light below the name samsung in the middle light up on the 6 series. On my last tv UE40B8000 it had a blue neon light which looked class but I cant seem to find an option to turn it on.

On my UE40B8000 the Standard definition sky picture was absolutly perfect after using calibration settings from LCDBUYINGGUIDE.com see link

Samsung UN55B8000 Calibration Settings

Now with this tv im not sure which calibration settings to use i have tryed D6 series one which are good and I have tryed using the D7000/8000 but cant decide which were better. but on both of them my standard def sky picture is nowhere near as good as it was until I watch sky HD then it is perfect. Does anyone no if I need to change a setting or something on sky or tv to sort this out. I cant believe that a 2 year older tv has better standard def picture than new ones now.

Also does a tv tune in better after a few weeks of watching it or is this a load of ********.

If anyone finds some good calibration settings for this tv please let me know.

Also does anyone know the UN (US version) of this tv.

Thanks
  14. jowie74

jowie74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah agreed... The only two differences I can find are the crows foot stand and the micro dimming.

I don't think there's any light on the Samsung logo on mine. The only light I know of is the red standby light in the bottom right corner. I'm actually glad the logo doesn't light up like it does on the 8 series... The last thing I want while watching a movie is to be distracted by a glowing Samsung logo (though I'm assuming you can turn that off!).

So you went from an 8-series down to a 6-series? Why did you not stick with the 8-series?

What do you mean? Are you saying your Freeview picture is off? Because mine is perfect. Admittedly I needed to sort out a wonky loft aerial, but now I've done so it's absolutely tip-top.

:-Joe
  15. bharrison

bharrison Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry the freeview picture is perfect for freeview with my tv aerial on the roof. I meant do you have to brake the tv in. will the picture become better after a few weeks of watching it.

My son broke my UE40B8000 with a toy and my insurance company only gave me £690 back for it so I have had to pay the difference. Looking at the spec of the tv's now the UE46D6100 is roughly the same spec as my older 8000 so the tv i bought D6750 should be much better that what I did have I just need the correct calibration settings.

Do you have sky?
    My freeview picture is better than my Sky HD box at the moment on standard def and Im not sure why this is it didnt use to be. I might need better HDMI cables or something.
  16. bharrison

bharrison Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have more questions

How do i look at pictures on my iphone though my tv and play music off of it.

I have got it working as a tv remote with the app off the app store but i cant look at the files on it?
    Also how do you link your laptop to it properly. I have allshare on my laptop but when i try and files for allshare to look at it the tv says there is no files there. They are all movies and normal music files so they should work.
  17. jowie74

jowie74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not heard of breaking in a TV before! :) as far as I'm concerned, the picture was fantastic from day one. However, I was coming from a blurry old CRT that was falling apart, whereas you used to have an 8-series! Now we've had the TV for about three weeks and the "wow" novelty has worn off a bit, I guess I would say the most negative thing I can say about it is that there is a little bit of a blue glow bleeding from the backlights in each of the four corners. It's only noticeable if you're not looking at the TV straight on and when the picture is mostly dark.

I'd be interested in hearing what calibration settings you use in the end. You said you prefer the motion stuff switched off, but I definitely prefer it on on most occasions (definitely good for sport). Some movies look great with it on, but others not so good. It's one of those things that once you've got used to it after a week or so, having it switched off just looks blurry.

Yes I have Sky HD. I can't say I see much of a difference in picture quality. I hear that the resolution of HD on Freeview is supposedly less (something like 1440 x 1080), but we have to watch ITV1 HD on Freeview anyway because on the Sky box all the audio is out of sync!
  18. bharrison

bharrison Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The 8 series had the blue lights in the corners when very dark picture was on but i think this D6750 has got alot better now for that cant see them any where near as much thats where the auto dimming is supposed to work.

have you changed many of your settings yet.

I currently have tryed this but it is the lower spec tv as they dont change the colour space which I dont think is an option on the lower D6000's. Gives an excellent picture on sky hd but standard def is not the best. try it.

D6000 Picture Settings

Picture Mode: Movie
    Backlight 13
    Constrast 90
    Brightness 49
    Sharpness 10
    Color 49
    Tint G51/R49
    Picture Options
    Color tone WARM2
    Digital Noise Filter OFF
    MPEG Noise Filter OFF
    HDMI Black Level LOW
    Film Mode OFF
    Auto Motion Plus OFF
    Advanced Settings
    Black Tone OFF
    Dynamic Contrast OFF
    Shadow Detail 2
    GAMMA 0
    Fleshtone 0
    Edge Enhancement OFF
    Motion Lighting OFF
    LED Motion Plus Off
    10p White Balance ON
    10p White Balance Settings
    Interval Red Green Blue
    1 -3 -1 -3
    2 -4 -1 0
    3 -3 1 1
    4 -4 3 4
    5 -6 4 6
    6 -8 2 4
    7 -8 4 6
    8 -9 2 7
    9 -7 3 4
    10 -10 7 10

The second one which I am currently using but I cant decide if it is better or worse I will have to retry the previous one.

--Picture menu
    Mode: Movie
    Backlight: 10
    Contrast: 96
    Brightness: 51
    Sharpness: 0
    Color: 47
    Tint: G50/R50

Screen adjustment submenu:
    Picture Size: Screen Fit
    Position: [no change]

Auto Adjustment submenu: [Grayed out]

Advanced settings submenu:
    Black tone: Off
    Dynamic contrast: Off
    Gamma: -1
    Expert Pattern: Off
    RGB Only Mode: Off
    Color space: Custom
    White Balance: [see below]
    10p White Balance: On
    Flesh tone: 0
    Edge enhancement: Off
    Motion Lighting: Off
    xvYCC: Off
    LED Motion Plus: Cinema

Color Space submenu:
    Red: Red 59, Green 0, Blue 0
    Green: Red 10, Green 55, Blue 10
    Blue: Red 0, Green 6, Blue 61
    Yellow: Red 53, Green 50, Blue 0
    Cyan: Red 4, Green 49, Blue 50
    Magenta: Red 37, Green 4, Blue 41

White balance submenu:
    R-Offset: 19
    G-Offset: 18
    B-Offset: 20
    R-Gain: 31
    G-Gain: 29
    B-Gain: 24

10p White Balance submenu:
    Interval 1: Red 2, Green 2, Blue 2
    Interval 2: Red -1, Green -1, Blue -1
    Interval 3: Red 1, Green 1, Blue 0
    Interval 4: Red 3, Green 3, Blue 2
    Interval 5: Red 6, Green 4, Blue 3
    Interval 6: Red 7, Green 6, Blue 4
    Interval 7: Red 5, Green 6, Blue 4
    Interval 8: Red 3, Green 3, Blue 2
    Interval 9: Red 1, Green 1, Blue 0
    Interval 10: Red -2, Green 0, Blue -1

Picture options submenu
    Color tone: Warm2
    Digital Noise Filter: Off
    MPEG Noise Filter: Off
    HDMI black level: Normal [grayed out]
    Film mode: Off [grayed out]
    Auto motion plus: Custom
    -- Custom settings:
    Blur reduction: 10
    Judder reduction: 0
    Smart LED: Standard
    Cinema Black: On

I will keep trying them as I dont think anyone will review this exact model. I will post any better ones i find.

Hope this helps
  19. bharrison

bharrison Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I have Sky HD. I can't say I see much of a difference in picture quality. I hear that the resolution of HD on Freeview is supposedly less (something like 1440 x 1080), but we have to watch ITV1 HD on Freeview anyway because on the Sky box all the audio is out of sync![/QUOTE]

This happened once or twice with me but all i did was change channel then back again to sort it out. If not you can change the sound timing on your sky box settings in setting-audio.
  20. jowie74

jowie74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think there's a way of looking at media from your iPhone on the TV. Obviously you can use Allshare on a computer, but the iPhone is a closed environment. If you really are interested in doing this, you will need to buy an Apple TV, which cost about £100. It's a small black STB that connects to your TV via HDMI and allows you to stream photos, music and video from any Apple device. Also it doubles up as a way of renting movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store, and when iCloud is finally released in the UK you should hopefully be able to do a lot more from it.

Is your laptop Mac or PC? I have software called TVMOBiLi installed on my MacBook Pro and it sees all my media files with no problem. However it did take a while to scan the machine, so they might not show up straight away, you might need to leave it scanning for about 15 minutes.
  21. jowie74

jowie74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately this happens ALL the time on ITV1 HD. It's happened on other channels once or twice, but ITV1 HD without fail. I have already adjusted the sound timing for the AV receiver, but ITV1 is just out-of-sync even on the TV with no AV receiver switched on. Something rather fishy going on. I wonder if the Sky box needs some firmware corrections. I've read posts going back three years with Sky themselves apologising for problems and saying they'd have them sorted out soon. Still seems to be a problem!
  22. bharrison

bharrison Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah I only tryed it once and said scanning and got bored so stopped it as i didnt think it was finding anything.

I can stream off my ps3 to laptop using ps3 media server but that didnt have to scan anything the files were just there. I will retry all share tonight again.
    its a pc. it seems to just find windows media player and no other servers on my laptop but i dont have any files in there. (I dont no much about this so if i sound stupid forgive me).
  23. jowie74

jowie74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you'll definitely need to let the scanning finish before anything will show up on the Allshare TV browser. It's probably not as efficient at scanning as the PS3 media server so I guess you just have to be a little patient. Are you using TBMOBiLi?

I'm new to all this Smart Telly stuff too so don't worry about sounding stupid, I just hope I know a little of what I am talking about :)
  24. bharrison

bharrison Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK thanks.

I thought that allshare was the server that you streamed it through. Like ps3 media server is what finds the files on my laptop. I thought the allshare was the equavalant. Do I need both to stream it from pc.

Also did you see my settings i posted earlier let me know what you think they arent my own just from different websites.
  25. jowie74

jowie74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes you are right, it's just that there is no Allshare software on the Mac, so you have to use a third party server called TVMOBiLi - A Free DLNA Media Server For Mac, Windows, and Linux

I did see them thanks, looks pretty complicated so I'll have to set some time aside to have a look and let you know!

Cheers

:-Joe
  26. bharrison

bharrison Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My 46'' had a line of dead pixels after 3 days so I returned the tv and dropped back down to my original 40''. The Standard Def on sky is much better now so I think it was just me sitting to close to a 46'' tv.

I have tryed at least 10 different settings and the ones I am sticking with are the calibrated D8000 settings - follow link

Samsung UE55D8000 Settings | Facebook

I have put the back light at 8 and sharpness 10.

This gives me a perfect picture on just about everything and I am very pleased with.

Excellent tv.
    I spoke to Samsung and they said this is the newest model out of the D series so it should start apearing in more shops soon. I would definatly pay the extra for the auto dimming as I cant see the light bleeding at all now on dark seens much better than the B8000 which was terrible for this.

Richer sounds £999.99 with free 3d player and 1 pair of glasses in with tv and 2 free pairs. Excellent deal and service.

9/10 for the tv.
  27. boxrick

boxrick Active Member

Ratings:
    +304
    The UE40D6750 compared to the UE40D6530 seems to mainly have a different stand ( criss cross on the 67 and square glass on the 65 ) and the important "Micro Dimming" on the 6750.

From what I can see side by side with these 2 screens is the 6750 seemed to have much nicer motion handling than the 6530 did. Not sure why this would be as I said i disabled all off the "motion plus" and various enhancements. I imagine the 2 screens use 2 different panels...

Anyone with any inside information?
  28. tumtumtum

tumtumtum Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can any owners confirm that this TV does full 1080p 3D? No pixelation vertically like with the 6350 series? I'm thinking of swapping my 6530 for the 6750.
  29. jowie74

jowie74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it depends on the source. I have only been able to try out 3D broadcasts so far, and they are SBS (side-by-side) with half the horizontal resolution. Have you tried a 3D Blu-Ray? I'm assuming it will work okay on a proper 3DBD disc, but if you can confirm otherwise on yours I'd be very interested to hear!
  30. tumtumtum

tumtumtum Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't tried blueray yet. I've only tried 2D->3D and some SBS videos. With SBS you do lose horizontal resolution but you should still get 1080p vertically. The TV seems to halve the number of pixels vertically as well.

There's some more details on this problem here: Samsung UE40D6530/ UE32D6530 (D6530) 3D LED TV Review

I would be really interested to know if you have the same pixelation problems on the 6750! I don't want to pay £200 just for the micro-dimming (not even micro-dimming+) :)