1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung UE40ES5500 - Error model bind

Discussion in 'TV Technology: Smart TV, 3D, Ultra HD, 4K' started by Wolf159, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Wolf159

Wolf159 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    This morning when I try to start iPlayer or Netflix it says connecting for about 30 secs and then reports that its not connected to the network with "ERROR_MODEL_BIND".

Its strange as it was working normally last night, nothing appears to have changed overnight. My home network is working normally and I can access the internet using my other devices. The TV's network settings are the same as normal, IP, Gateway, DNS etc all set correctly. It can see my NAS server and play files from it, it just wont connect to the internet.

I've put in a report to Samsung.

Just done a reset - made no difference. I'm running the latest firmware T-MST10PDEUC-1026.1

Anyone seen this problem?
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  2. cossie25

cossie25 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem on my 40ES8000. It was working and now its not so i tried the following:-

Updated to lastest firmware with no change (cycle power)
    Reset the Smart Hub but that made no difference (cycle power)
    Reset the TV (through the menu) but no change. (cycle power)
    Tried changing from cable network to wireless but still nothing.(cycle power)

I know network is ok as the TV downloaded the latest firmware. All very strange. Have just bought the TV last week and am a bit annoyed with it all now. Could you let me know where you reported the problem too?

Thanks
    Steve
  3. Wolf159

Wolf159 Member

Ratings:
    +8
  4. Wolf159

Wolf159 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Just had a google about and it appears to be caused by server maintenance at Samsung. And now I think about it I did see a maintenance notice pop up on my Mum's older samsung Smart TV when I was there last night - nothing on my TV though.

Don't you just love cryptic error messages.
  5. cossie25

cossie25 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

you have to be pulling my plonker?! I've been all morning trying to sort the problem out!! Found the contact details so sent to Samsung but then just saw your reply. Ah well as long as thats all it is, TV was away to get boxed up and taken back to the shop! I'd have thought the likes of the web browser and BBc iplayer woudl have still worked though? Maybe not.
  6. Wolf159

Wolf159 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah - well don't count on it just being that. I'm just saying what I read on the internet. :rolleyes:

It just happens that I saw the maintenance message on my Mum's TV and the pieces sort of slotted together.
  7. cossie25

cossie25 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll give it a try later on tonight then if its still not working throw a brick through it. cheers for the info. Much appreciated.
  8. Wolf159

Wolf159 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Haha - I know what you mean - the number of issues I'm having with this "smart" TV makes me want to send it back sometimes. I can just about live with it at the moment.

Ironically my Mum's TV is working fine today. :confused:
  9. cossie25

cossie25 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont believe it. Just switched TV on to give one last try and it sprang to life. May be worth giving yours a go.
  10. Wolf159

Wolf159 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Nice one. Its slow but iPlayer is loading. Looks like maintenance finished at noon.
  11. cossie25

cossie25 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad I've wasted my entire morning trying to fix a problem that wasnt there!! Have lost the majority of my icons on Smart Hub but will try later to see if any updates come through.

cheers
  12. Wolf159

Wolf159 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm glad I didn't go too far with resetting everything. I just have to setup my recordings again.

I would've been nice to have some notice from Samsung that this maintenance was going on though, and what the effects would be on us... but do they really care.?

Glad its all sorted anyway.. at least for now..
  13. Gogibyte

Gogibyte New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Updated to 1026.1 now i can't connect to internet :S
  14. Wolf159

Wolf159 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    1026.1 is working for me... now that they've sorted their servers out.

Could it be that its a rolling server update with different people being affected on different days? Just a guess though.

You could always chuck in a support request. I did get a response today:

Dear Nick,

Thank you for contacting Samsung and I have pleasure in providing the following assistance.

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with accessing your smarthub and understand that this can be frustrating.

There is currently temporary maintenance work being done on the Samsung smarthub. This should not last for more than 8 hours and normal service will continue very shortly.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Michael
    Online Support Team
    SAMSUNG Customer Support Centre
  15. nicole1983

nicole1983 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I bought Samsung UA55ES6800M two weeks back and when i try to play any video from my web browser. even in youtube. After 10 seconds i ma getting message saying ,

"Your last browser session ended because of lack of memory or another unknown reason. Do you want to restore your last session or go to your home page?"

Pls help me with above.
    Many Thanks.
  16. nicole1983

nicole1983 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Samsung, I bought Samsung UA55ES6800M two weeks back and when i try to play any video from my web browser. even in youtube. After 10 seconds (middle of video) i am getting message saying ,
    "Your last browser session ended because of lack of memory or another unknown reason. Do you want to restore your last session or go to your home page?"

Pls help me with above.
    Many Thanks.

17. hainesey

hainesey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have had this TV for 4 months now but in the last week I keep getting the "ERROR_MODEL_BIND" error message when I try to access anything in the SmartHub.

The TV is connected wirelessly but I have tried a wired connection and am still getting the same error message.

Is anyone else having problems with their SmartHub recently?
  18. Wolf159

Wolf159 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    My TV is working fine this time. I hope your problem resolves itself as quickly as mine did last time.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. matthewshaw

matthewshaw Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi have the same problem. The network status says it connects ok to the internet, but skype and the browser do not start and shows error ERROR_MODEL_BIND. It is certainly random to me, sometimes it works others not. No apparent pattern.

Very annoying as I'm relying on my skype to work at the moment, and it doesn't.
  20. Wolf159

Wolf159 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I really don't know why the "smart" apps have to communicate with Samsung before they will work. I don't like my TV having to ask Samsung if I can access iPlayer (for example) what's it to do with them?

This is one reason why I'm now moving towards using the TV just as a display device and using a different device (raspberry pi) for the "smart" functions that require access to my home network or the internet, one that is under my control not Samsung's.
  21. murtuzo

murtuzo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My samsung smart tv says
    "Your last browser session ended because of lack of memory or another unknown reason. Do you want to restore your last session or go to your home page?" Every time i try to watch videos on web browser can anyone plezz help me!!
    Pleasee help me!!
  22. matthewshaw

matthewshaw Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I logged my problem with SSamsung and they confirmed that the product I (and everyone else) has purchased is faulty and they have no idea when the problem will be resolved. They also have no workaround. Their response to me was :

Thank you for contacting Samsung.

I am sorry to hear that you have encountered some problems with the Smart Hub and internet services on your TV and I can understand how frustrating it may be as you can not use all of the available features on your TV at the moment.

Please be advised that we are aware that there are some issues with the Smart Hub and this is currently being investigated by the engineers. It has been recognised that there is a server problem and we would hope to have a resolution for this as soon as possible however do not have a specific date for this.

In the meantime I thank you for your patience and I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause

So, Samsung have built in and unnecessary single point of failure (the Samsung servers). I only expect my TV to need:
    • internet access the Skype servers
    • Skype service availability
    for me to use the ‘Skype' app on the TV.

I do hope Samsung are NOT collecting anonymous usage data. I suspect they are.

I shall use their response as the reason for returning the product to the retailer, they have after all confirmed the product is faulty.

Samsung really need to sort out their SmartHub service and STOP the TV calling Samsung every time an 'App' is used and worse still, requiring the Samsung servers to be available in order to use the App. Designing such a dependancy is quite unnecessary and ridiculous. Samsung have built in and unnecessary single point of failure (the Samsung servers).

What a nightmare.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  23. Wolf159

Wolf159 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    It may well be that the apps only call Samsung to check for updates when they start - but this shouldn't prevent the app from starting.

However I have a suspicion that the apps are contacting Samsung as part of a default DRM check, i.e. to check that the app is still free to use or that you have paid for it. Which would of course fail if their DRM servers are down and the TV then cannot allow you to access the app.

It wouldn't suprise me if the other "smart" tv manufacturers are doing exactly the same.
  24. matthewshaw

matthewshaw Member

Ratings:
    +2
    The latest information I have from Samsung is the following:

All of the internet features on the TV are hosted by external servers, if you need to make a call to Skype the call is not made via our servers but the app service that houses the Skype app needs the servers to run.

I can assure you that our team are working night and day at present to resolve these issues and we hope that our servers will be running at full capacity in the coming days.

If you wish to return your product please contact the retailer you purchased the TV from.

So the decision for me is: should I stick with Samsung or return the TV for a Panasonic?

The problem for me is when I call my father using Skype (from the TV) I get the error ERROR_MODE_BIND, but Skype itself is fine and other Smart TV's don't have this problem. My father, for example, at the same time can make/receive Skype calls from different users as long as they are not using a Samsung Smart TV (SmartHub).

For the moment, if anyone is thinking of buying a Smart TV from Samsung I would seriously consider other vendors. I've found the SmartHub service really terrible and unreliable. I now regret buying a Samsung. I'd recommend the Panasonic, at least from the 'Smart TV' experience.
  25. Wolf159

Wolf159 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I think you answered your own question:

So basically these "Smart" apps come with no guarantee of service, and the planned obsolescence for Samsung TVs seems to be about 2 years as there is no guarantee that new apps will work for any but the latest models.

I will not be buying a new TV every 2 years.

I'm annoyed that I fell for the marketing hype and bought a TV with bells and whistles that work poorly (if at all) and is out of date as soon as I sign for the delivery.
  26. lukep26

lukep26 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also getting this bloody error model bind rubbish everyday!
    Iv had the problem for about a month now, iv even done a factory reset two times and system updates everything and now as I can't connect iv lost all the apps for it!
    And all it is after all this time is samsung dumb idea to have one server to cover smart hub! This angers me so much as everyone here has I bet spent a lot of there hard cash on these TV's and blu ray players ( that smart hub also doesn't work ) and you can't even use them !!! Aaarrggg sorry rant over!
  27. Jonla

Jonla Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Am getting this today - have tried resetting smart hub - and lost my plex app in the process - fiddling with router, etc. Nothing. Really annoyed
  28. dezza the flash

dezza the flash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well done Mathew Shore for hassling Samsung. I have all the above issues and was up till 1.30pm last night checking everything 20 times thinking it might be my set up untill I started to realise that some of the messages were not internet connection related.
    I have printed out your chat with Samsung and will present John Lewis with my Samsung TV and your notes from them.
    It is frankly terrible to put these TV's out to the public in this state. Some of us have the time and patience to go out there and whip up a stir but for some people that is not possible and they will be ripped off to the tune of several hundred pounds and a load of stress.
    Your quotes are underneath my rant!
  29. Kostatam

Kostatam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same problem here in copenhagen. Tried to update and lost netflix icon together with others. What should I do? Do I just wait or should I file a complain with samsung. ???
  30. iGaucho

iGaucho Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same issue too in the US but apparently that goes without saying according to the previous posts. Really annoying since I just got this TV (ES6150) on Friday!