Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung UE32F5500 what keyboard

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Mike777, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Mike777

Mike777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Having just brought this samrt TV I would like to connect a keyboard to it....despite being told in the shop I 'coould' use a wireless keyboard samsung have confirmed I need a wired one

Just wondered if any one had any recommendations on key board for this model.

Many thanks for your help and time

Regards

Mike Oxon UK
  2. Gramuk

Gramuk Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Hello Mike - not sure if the PM reply I sent earlier got through (from mobile phone).
    So just in case (and so others know) - My TV had an el-cheapo 7 port USB hub plugged to the lowest USB socket on the back of the TV and then another cheapo keyboard and mouse plugged into the hub. So this was a wired connection. The keyboard and mouse worked well with the Web Browser - was able to type into the browser search bar etc. and use the mouse to click on Web links (all as expected). However - When I opened up the Catch up TV applications it was not possible to use the keyboard to input text into the search windows and so the keyboard was useless for this feature. Also I can't confirm until I get back home on Friday - but I'm pretty sure that the YouTube application was exactly the same. Maybe others can confirm or update as required.
    One pretty cool feature of the mouse was the ability to right click the mouse and a pop-up window appear on the TV screen to allow access to the apps and other setup features of the TV. - using the mouse pointer to simply click around the screen was nice. If you have a USB mouse laying around you should give it a try.
    I was skeptical if a wireless keyboard / mouse would work with this set (unless buying a manufacturer endorsed combo) - purely down to the wireless keyboards and mice usually needing drivers installing. HOWEVER - I just did a very quick search on Amazon and there is mention that a Logitech K400 Wireless keyboard works with a "Samsung Smart TV" - I don't want to post the link but if you do a search for that keyboard on Amazon then read through some of the newest reviews - One reviewer reports it working but they don't mention which model of Samsung TV.

PLEASE NOTE - Yes I plugged a USB HUB with a keyboard and mouse connected at the same time. It could be possible I guess that this could damage the USB port on the TV - but usually there's internal protection from drawing excess current from the USB port. Not sure but just wanted to mention it in case anyone's new TV blows up.!!
    Cheers, Graeme
  3. andrea1986

andrea1986 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mike, i' ve bought a Samsung UE32F5500 and i would like to connect a wireless keyboard to it. I read that you had the same problem..have you find some keyboard that works?
    Many thanks for your help and good evening