Samsung UE**ES7000 Owners Thread Part 1

Stuttering is an issue on all sources with the ES8 so I imagine it's the same with the 7

Ah ok, thanks.

I am using my new samsung ue55es7000 for the first time today. I have updated the software and done an auto tune for Feeview TV channels and radio stations successfully.
I have run into a problem because though I have all the SD's channels BBC one etc I haven't got any HD channels. I have done another auto tune but still no HD channels show up. What's going on? Any help here would be most appreciated.

I am also not getting the usual choice when on BBC one SD or similar, with the message coming up on the screen asking if you want to watch it in HD or not.
Surely this TV is HD compatible?

Have you tried looking at the channels towards the end of your Freeview guide on the TV (near ADULT section) to see if it's there? I couldn't find them at first until I looked there.

Ah ok, thanks.

Have you tried looking at the channels towards the end of your Freeview guide on the TV (near ADULT section) to see if it's there? I couldn't find them at first until I looked there.

Correct bbc one hd 101
Bbc hd 102
Itv hd 103
C4 hd 104

Many thanks for your helpful replies and I have now found out what was causing the problem.
When I did my original auto tune searches and because we haven't got any analogue stations here I just searched for digital ones. I did this twice without luck. The third time I did it, I searched for analogue and digital stations, to my surprise the HD channels were found. Must be a bit of a software bug.
I had been using HD channels on my old TV so I was well aware of their position in the channel listings, so that's why I couldn't understand why they weren't showing up on my new TV.

hello friends
yesterday my 40es7000 conected with Dreambox500HD via HDMI stopped functioning HDMI,
I tried all the HDMI inputs but all 3 of them no longer functioning,
I try it also on the neighbor LG TV but dreambox work,than i conected my 2 laptops
via HDMI ,neither HDMI port just doesn`t working
Im on FW 2004.1 ,I will carry TV tomorrow in service

Last edited:
I've been playing around with the picture settings on my ES7000 for a number of weeks now and think I've found the perfect set-up (for me), in case anyone wants to give them a try. Bare in mind my television has been set-up for films rather than normal programmes:

Picture/Picture Mode: Movie
Picture/Backlight: 10
Picture/Contrast: 85
Picture/Brightness: 45
Picture/Sharpness: 15
Picture/Colour: 50
Picture/Tint (G/R): G50/R50
Screen Adjustment Screen Fit

Picture/Advanced Settings/Dynamic Contrast: Off
Picture/Advanced Settings/Black Tone: Off
Picture/Advanced Settings/Flesh Tone: 0
Picture/Advanced Settings/Colour Space: Custom
Picture/Advanced Settings/Colour Space/Colour/Red (RGB): 39/0/0
Picture/Advanced Settings/Colour Space/Colour/Green (RGB): 0/50/0
Picture/Advanced Settings/Colour Space/Colour/Blue (RGB): 0/0/57
Picture/Advanced Settings/Colour Space/Colour/Yellow (RGB): 50/50/0
Picture/Advanced Settings/Colour Space/Colour/Cyan (RGB): 0/50/50
Picture/Advanced Settings/Colour Space/Colour/Magenta (RGB): 42/0/46
Picture/Advanced Settings/White Balance/R-Offset: 24
Picture/Advanced Settings/White Balance/G-Offset: 25
Picture/Advanced Settings/White Balance/B-Offset: 28
Picture/Advanced Settings/White Balance/R-Gain: 22
Picture/Advanced Settings/White Balance/G-Gain: 25
Picture/Advanced Settings/White Balance/B-Gain: 25
Picture/Advanced Settings/10p White Balance: Off
Picture/Advanced Settings/Gamma: +1
Expert pattern: Off
xvYCC: Off
Motion lighting: Off

Picture/Picture Options/Colour Tone: Warm2
Picture/Picture Options/Digital Noise Filter: off
Picture/Picture Options/MPEG Noise Filter: off
HDMI Black Level: Normal
Film mode: Auto2
Picture/Picture Options/Motion Plus: Custom
Picture/Picture Options/Motion Plus/Blur Reduction: 3
Picture/Picture Options/Motion Plus/Judder Reduction: 10
Picture/Picture Options/Led Motion Plus: on

System/Eco Solution/Energy Saving: Off
System/Eco Solution/Eco Sensor: On
System/Eco Solution/Eco Sensor/Min. Backlight: 10

I have a question for other people who have watched The Dark Knight on blu-ray.

Has anyone else noticed during some of the darker scenes that there appears to be some trailing/smearing effect going on when there is anything moving fast?

A noticeable scene for this was the one where Batman was fighting the dogs when he was trying to apprehend the Scarecrow in the car park. It looks like the kinda thing you get when there is a digital noise remover setting on, but all mine are off. I haven't seen this problem in any other film so far.

I still cant connect via Wifi.

Been in touch with samsung customer support and they are still giving me the run arround.
Each time i phone them i am put on hold for ages so had to do it all via email. I have also asked them to call me but that seems to be too much to ask of samsung.
3 weeks now of daft replies, like what is my address, my name, my post code, TV model ect, of which i have given them on every email from the beginning.
They just seem to be time waisting.
Will keep you all posted.

I have a question for other people who have watched The Dark Knight on blu-ray.

Has anyone else noticed during some of the darker scenes that there appears to be some trailing/smearing effect going on when there is anything moving fast?

A noticeable scene for this was the one where Batman was fighting the dogs when he was trying to apprehend the Scarecrow in the car park. It looks like the kinda thing you get when there is a digital noise remover setting on, but all mine are off. I haven't seen this problem in any other film so far.

One of the main reasons I ditched my ES8000. It's a trait of LCD displays unfortunately - you'll always get smearing in darker scenes. All Samsung's displays also have forced noise reduction which you can't turn off too, which doesn't help. Even when you've turned all the settings off, there's still some turned on.

Just out of interest, do you also have all the motion settings disabled? And is your player set to 24p output?

One of the main reasons I ditched my ES8000. It's a trait of LCD displays unfortunately - you'll always get smearing in darker scenes. All Samsung's displays also have forced noise reduction which you can't turn off too, which doesn't help. Even when you've turned all the settings off, there's still some turned on.

Just out of interest, do you also have all the motion settings disabled? And is your player set to 24p output?

All my motion plus settings are disabled, as are the noise reduction settings. My player is set to 24p as well.

I guess it must be the forced noise reduction you speak of, as to me, that's what it looks like. I haven't seen it in anything other than the Dark Knight. I am confused as to why it would occur there and not anywhere else. Very odd.

Hi,

I was looking for a bit of help, I have recently brought a TP-Link W8970 router and have connected a hard drive to stream over wifi, but I keep getting the message "unsupported format" when I try to play any type of file on my samsung. It use to work through my old Belkin router, I updated the firmware and its been of no use. I can't seem to find any help on the internet for this, my Panasonic TV stream perfectly so do all other devices that support DLNA, it's just the samsung giving me the problem!

Just an update on my wifi connection problems.

After sending samsung customer support a 6th abrupt email they finaly got back to me and an engineer comming out tomorrow from Martin Daws to fit a new main board in the TV :clap:
Will see if that solves the problem..
Will keep you all posted....

Hi. I have my ES7000 46" connected to my home cinema system through SPDIF. All works fine apart from when watching something from hdd or memory stick. Tv plays movie fine but if I pause it, it switches itself into PCM mode and I have to go to tv menu and switch sound mode to say Dolby Digital. It's very annoying. However it doesn't happen when movie has DTS sound. Is there any cure for it ? I have the newest firmware installed.

Last edited:
zebik said:
Hi. I have my ES7000 46" connected to my home cinema system through SPDIF. All works fine apart from when watching something from hdd or memory stick. Tv plays movie fine but if I pause it, it switches itself into PCM mode and I have to go to tv menu and switch sound mode to say Dolby Digital. It's very annoying. However it doesn't happen when movie has DTS sound. Is there any cure for it ? I have the newest firmware installed.

I believe thus is a bug in the firmware. I have logged it with Samsung. The more people that raise this issue the better.

Just a reply and update on my Wifi problems.

Th Samsung engineer came out on friday and fitted a new main board but it did not solve the Wifi connectivity problems,, so then fitted a Wifi module and all is well now:clap:
So it was the Wifi module all allong.... It is only as big as a match box and is situated inside the TV at the bottom left hand side
The bottom right hand side is the bluetooth module..

Happy fella now.....

After 4 weeks of ownership I'm starting to get a little annoyed with my ES7000. Mainly because I'm getting this clouding effect. It doesn't appear when I first switch the television on, only after maybe an hour or so of use.

I've taken a picture of it (attached). Can anyone confirm if this is normal? It is mainly the two light effects in the middle at the top and bottom that look like torch lights that annoy the most as they impact the screen on dark scenes. I also find that I have a few pixel rows at the bottom of the screen that are lighter/brighter.

I've tried the tip of loosening the frame from the screen slightly via the screws on the back, but it hasn't helped. My image settings can be found a few posts ago.

Is this normal or should I be reporting it to the retailer?

Attachments

• IMG_2949.jpg
    IMG_2949.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 534
ian-d said:
After 4 weeks of ownership I'm starting to get a little annoyed with my ES7000. Mainly because I'm getting this clouding effect. It doesn't appear when I first switch the television on, only after maybe an hour or so of use.

I've taken a picture of it (attached). Can anyone confirm if this is normal? It is mainly the two light effects in the middle at the top and bottom that look like torch lights that annoy the most as they impact the screen on dark scenes. I also find that I have a few pixel rows at the bottom of the screen that are lighter/brighter.

I've tried the tip of loosening the frame from the screen slightly via the screws on the back, but it hasn't helped. My image settings can be found a few posts ago.

Is this normal or should I be reporting it to the retailer?

Unfortunately clouding seems to be a common trait with these sets. My first set had worse clouding than that and I couldn't stand it. It all depends on what you can put up with, or what you deem as acceptable.

There are sets out there with little or no clouding , but just be aware that you could also get a set with worse clouding. It seems to be a bit of a lottery.

Good luck!

I'm fairly close to taking the plunge and buying the 40" version of the ES7000, however reading this thread has made me a bit worried as there seems to be a lot of folks having problems.

Is it any worse than other sets for the frequency of issues? Should I be looking at something else?

I'm fairly close to taking the plunge and buying the 40" version of the ES7000, however reading this thread has made me a bit worried as there seems to be a lot of folks having problems.

Is it any worse than other sets for the frequency of issues? Should I be looking at something else?
I've had the 40ES7000 a month or so now and can honestly say we love it, picture quality is excellent even in SD, not had any of these banding or clouding issues maybe its more so with the bigger screens...

Only a couple of things, the speakers are naff (to be expected) that has been sorted with some AE speakers.
The SmartHub is now working better and faster with the latest firmware update, iplayer loads within seconds.

I've had the 40ES7000 a month or so now and can honestly say we love it, picture quality is excellent even in SD, not had any of these banding or clouding issues maybe its more so with the bigger screens...

Only a couple of things, the speakers are naff (to be expected) that has been sorted with some AE speakers.
The SmartHub is now working better and faster with the latest firmware update, iplayer loads within seconds.

I love my Samsung UE40ES7000 too. This is probably one of the best TVs I have ever owned in my life so far. The whole thing looks amazing always.

Thanks guys, nice to hear something positive! I have an AV receiver set up so I'm not worried about the sound.

I know TV demos in shops are usually bad, but I saw this model (though the 46" version) running in Currys and must say it blew me away.

Richer Sounds are doing the 40" for £899 with a 5-year warranty at the mo so I think I'll opt for them.

£899 doesn't sound cheap mate. I just got the 46 inch for just over £1k. Got to be worth paying a little more for?

£899 doesn't sound cheap mate. I just got the 46 inch for just over £1k. Got to be worth paying a little more for?

JL and others are generally at £1k for the 40", and JL are 1249 for the 46" so you did well with that price.

I'd like the 46 but I'd be in trouble with the missus if I came home with that :devil:

Where did you get the 46 from?

Edit: remember that £899 comes with a 5-year warranty and 2 pairs of 3D specs

Last edited:
JL and others are generally at £1k for the 40", and JL are 1249 for the 46" so you did well with that price.

I'd like the 46 but I'd be in trouble with the missus if I came home with that :devil:

You could get John Lewis to price match with C&M for £829

Boy am I frustrated right now. HELP my TV is driving me crazy! I think i got a bad one, trouble is Samsung aren't willing to replace the panel!

Firstly I love this TV its the best I've had in terms of style and picture quality. The colours are vivid, bright, and rich. However since I work in the city I watch most of my movies at night.

I plumped for the 55 inch and paid £1800+ for it and I noticed some clouding on the bottom left, and it didn't really bother me so much but it seems to have SPREAD over the months and now I can't stand the picture at night!

I called Samsung to take a look at it, I was stunned when told it was within tolerances despite my photographic evidence, since the engineers didn't authorise a repair or replacement the team that looked at it opened the panel and put it back together as a 'fix'! I believe now I have been given a TV in WORSE condition than after 'repair' which proves to me it was a dodgy panel!

The SECOND thing I noticed after they looked at it is I cannot access HDMI Black levels in menus to keep the black levels good! Normal is bad and Low is the prefered option - I cant even do that now! Does anyone have this problem too after the update and how can i roll back!

Please dont say you need certain conditions for access to it, as I was able to access Sky HD through the HDMI and set it to low but now that function is gone!

rubzyb2yh
http://postimage.org/image/rubzyb2yh/

Anyway see for yourselves and tell me if im being picky or have a genuine complaint on my hands!

62amkvmkn
http://postimage.org/image/62amkvmkn/

Its less than 6 months since I've had it and I cannot believe they're not offering a replacement panel to be honest!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom