1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung UE**ES7000 Owners Thread Part 1

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Stuart2457, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Stuart2457

Stuart2457 Member

Ratings:
    +168
    Waiting for mine to arive from john lewis on wednesday. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

UE46ES7000
  2. Stuart2457

Stuart2457 Member

Ratings:
    +168
    Arrived and setup.

Loads better than my D8000 was. :smashin:

Attached Files:

3. Ninjafoot

Ninjafoot Active Member

Ratings:
    +426
    Hi stuart tv looks very slick how you finding the picture, are you happy with the performance so far?
  4. Stuart2457

Stuart2457 Member

Ratings:
    +168
    Hi Mark,

On HD the picture is great very detailed the only problem i find that the picture can get a bit unreal looking like to much processing.

But i have not played around with any settings yet only to put on clear.

There was a bit of flash lighting on 3d in a dark room but nothing too bad.

Over all I thing it looks great and I’m a happy man.

I will post some test pics later.
  5. Dr Spoon

Dr Spoon Member

Ratings:
    +156
    Hi Stuart, do you mind if I ask you to look at something for me?

On very light screens, do you notice a strip of shadow down the right an left side of the screen? About maybe 6mm wide strip of slightly darker screen? [​IMG]

I reckon the screen I took the pic of might have been defective but it's the only 7 (and only 46" 7) I've been able to find to look at.
  6. Stuart2457

Stuart2457 Member

Ratings:
    +168
    Hi M8,

There is nothing like that on mine. i put mine on test pic on a white background and there was nothing there.

Stuart
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Dr Spoon

Dr Spoon Member

Ratings:
    +156
    Thank goodness. I owe you a beer sometime! I'm t-minus 14 days from getting mine. Now I can sleep peacefully :D
  8. alibecks

alibecks Member

Ratings:
    +10
    i was looking for white background(jpg) test i can not find can you please upload your white background here.thanks
  9. seka1980

seka1980 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    ive just looked in curryes and the 47es800 has this same darker strip at the edges
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Stuart2457

Stuart2457 Member

Ratings:
    +168
    Hi,

I just used the test card on the tv were you get some white, but i have found this you could use.

Attached Files:

11. Dr Spoon

Dr Spoon Member

Ratings:
    +156
    Interesting, the 8 that was beside the 7 I took that pic from doesn't have it. Could this be a crease issue like Sony had? At least we know there are lots of 8000s that don't have it.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  12. Crunchie

Crunchie Member

Ratings:
    +105
    Thanks Stuart - do you have the BBC iPlayer app on this TV? I've read that the top model (ES8000) does NOT have the BBC iPlayer app this year for some odd reason....

And can you let me know what the motion handling is like on less-than-stellar resolutions? (such as BBC1-HD EastEnders and upscaled ITV3/ITV4). I don't mind the video look on films but I do hate stutters and judders - like I get on my current LG 550T.

Thanks!
  13. Stuart2457

Stuart2457 Member

Ratings:
    +168
    Hi, spoke to samsung today who said bbc iplayer Should be back with the next software update. Thay also said that 4od will be comming as well. I have looked to see if i can see any judder and cant see any. It does judder if i turn on motion plus to standard or smooth on some hd signals. But on clear its fine.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Crunchie

Crunchie Member

Ratings:
    +105
    Can this TV receive video from an iMac? (like the LG's can via Plex?)
  15. cosmaboy

cosmaboy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi bit of a noob here, my experience of last few days....

I thought about getting a new Samsung tv and have been looking at the new es series but after going to currys and having a play with all the tv's, I decided I would save some money and go for last years D7000 for 1200 quid.

Got it home on Saturday set it up and watched the masters and a couple of films. Started thinking to myself the picture just isn't right, so followed a few folks here and calibrated the tv and started to enjoy it.

Hmmm then I started reading alot of posts on the forum about bleeding, graining, backlight issues..... Suddenly I started noticing things that I wouldn't have done otherwise, run a test off a YouTube video and the clouding and bleeding effect started to bug me so much that i was awake last night wanting to pack the tv up and take it back....

The tv went back this morning, currys to be fair took it bak no problem and after a while I eventually caved in and done what I should have done in the first place and plumped for the 46 inch ES7000.

Got it home and starting to set it up, there aren't many calibration settings on the es7000 owners thread so I assume I can use the 8000 settings posted??

Hopefully I'll have more luck with this set......
  16. Stuart2457

Stuart2457 Member

Ratings:
    +168
    Looks like mine is going back today to john lewis :thumbsdow

The set has started to show very bad banding after a few days use. :thumbsdow

Oh well another one bites the dust. :thumbsdow
  17. corryl

corryl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After nearly 3-years since my first 3DTV (Plasma) purchase and being extremely disappointed, I have finally got one of the best and sexiest TV's on the Planet!!!

Got the 46ES7000 last week from RWL, who did price match with the price of the day, discounted extra sets of specs , promised me a Samsung Keyboard and included 5-year Warranty....

On power up was totally amazed, tried just about everything I can connect to it - even managed to dig out an aerial.... All were superb on screen. Streamed 3D films through the Smart Media interface to show the kids, loads of 'stuff' on there....

No apparent clouding or banding as mentioned on other forums (ES8000 Owners), everything appears currently to be working great.

Reason for 7000 over 8000 - Think the metal bezel is tacky and dated!!!

Just dome FW update to 1005.5 - not sure what it does - but DOES NOT bring BBC iPlayer or Lovefilm :-(
  18. pwill

pwill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of buying the es7000 tomorrow. though i'm a bit worried after reading some these comments on here.
    corryl, may i ask how much did you buy it for? and what RWL?

also i've not heard much about how good the camera is. anyone know how many pixels it is?
  19. 390093

390093 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had mine a week and very pleased with it except that it does not have BBC Iplayer which was a huge selling point. Really disappointed. Anyone know when or how to find out about forthcoming updates?

Also, I have an iMac on my network and was told that TVmobili would allow me to play my iTunes music and video through the TV. 3 hours trying to get the tv to find the mac to no avail. Anyone know of reliable alternatives?
  20. corryl

corryl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    RWL - Robert Whyte LTD... Have used them many times before hence repeat customer, never been disappointed with their service...

Price, same as John Lewis - £1699, but got a good deal on extra glasses and Keyboard thrown in.

As for Camera - Bit of a naff gimmick thrown in tbh.... Not used yet for face recognition to access my FB / Samsung account, but looks more than sufficient for good pics at 4m.... All other gimmicks work fine, including wave and voice. No doubt anyone on Skype will have full use of camera :D

Managed to stream from my NAS drive without hassle also, so all the films I have archived to prevent kids scratching work fine...
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  21. pwill

pwill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds great. Yeah as for the camera i'll mainly be using it for skype so all good. I've just ordered mine, getting it tomorrow!

On another note has anyone tried downloading a 3d movie and then playing it via a usb hard drive? I hope it does work as i don't have a blu-ray player yet to test the 3d.
  22. corryl

corryl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have done this before with the Samsung PS46C7000, from memory stick (side by side format) and never had any issues, can imagine this would be the same. Run mine over wireless from my NAS without issues.

Managed to get some PS3 time today - Phenomenal!!!! Just gets better and better.

:D
  23. robin635

robin635 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Had my ES7000 for a week,very pleased no issues just fantastic picture.Now I'm getting more used to the controls am looking at a hard drive for recording and am a bit/lot unclear what is compatible any info would be appreciated.I have tried a 8gb pen drive which records fine but no sound whether that is the drive not suitable or sound settings need adjusting again any help welcomed .
  24. robin635

robin635 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Solved the sound problem I had the audio lead plugged into a sound system to the tv removed recording works fine.
  25. 5lim3r

5lim3r Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi. I just got my 55ES7000 yesterday and wanted to ask what is probably a very stupid question but here goes.
    At the moment I am receiving a Freeview signal through an indoor powered aerial. This is a temporary measure.

My picture on the standard channels is ok but I do notice blurring and pixelation - especially in the background. Definitely noticeable when objects are moving.

I am wondering if this could be just down to the poor signal? DVDs are great, it's just the freeview over-air content. It is not HD.

I am playing around with the calibration but I suspect there is only so much that can do.

Should be getting a fibre based cable service soon. Would this neccessarily improve the quality on the standard non-hd channels?
    Thanks
  26. Dr Spoon

Dr Spoon Member

Ratings:
    +156
    Sadly, even the cable services are very heavily compressed. On standard tv channels you have the lower resolution and the compression artefacts working together to make your channels look rubbish. Not much that can be done I'm afraid. Best you can do is try to hide the flaws but modern hdtvs just aren't very forgiving.

Television channels just haven't kept up with the hdtv revolution so to speak. There are a few hd channels and they are better (even then compressed and not full hd really). You get used to some of the stations looking pretty poor. My missus referred to it as like 'watching youtube on a big tv' ... except that you can get 1080p youtube videos :)

Ah well, when we want awesome quality visuals... that's what blu rays are for :D
  27. cosmaboy

cosmaboy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

have had the 46 inch version of the ES7000 series for a week now and althought most of the time the picture quality is great, when in a dark room watching 3D and sometimes HD files, I get this....

What would you do? send back or put up with it?

Attached Files:

28. Dr Spoon

Dr Spoon Member

Ratings:
    +156
    Torchlighting... try lowering the backlight,etc to see if you can reduce it's visibility. Is it as bad in 2d viewing? In 3d mode the TV bumps up the brightness making this kinda thing much more visible. You might be able to adjust it down a bit so it's harder to see.
  29. cosmaboy

cosmaboy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Backlight is set on 8 at the moment on movie mode. 2d picture is fine as long as I'm watching full screen and not a film on letterbox mode.
  30. pwill

pwill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am getting this torch light effect on 2d as well, although not quite as bad as that photo shows. I have tried reducing backlight, brightness and colour but to no avail.

Having said that, it is otherwise a great TV if you have enough HD content to view. Just watched Avatar, and even though it's a crap film the 3D is absolutely amazing on this TV.